Bir Gumbaz Tea House

Pahlavon Mahmud, Khiva, Uzbekistan

Bir Gumbaz Tea House Khiva Reviews

DAO DAO
Awarded for What? Apr 15, 2017
On the front door of this restaurant is an award from the TripAdvisor Website. For what? Obviously not lunch, as I am about to explain. It is very nice inside and is tastefully decorated. I was greeted warmly and things started ok. I wanted a cold beer and a kebab. After a while and a reminder, my beer arrived. Then some new customers came into the restaurant. And their food arrived. I ordered another beer when more new customers had their order taken. Then their food arrived! Wait!

This happened to me the night before at the Silk Road Restaurant.

I attracted the attention of the waitress/owner. She suddenly realised she forgot what I ordered. I did as well. So I just said ‘shashlyk’. It arrived a short time later. And was greasy, almost tasteless and slightly slimy. Great. It only took 1 hour and 10 minutes for this to arrive!

So if TripAdvisor thinks forgetting you even ordered food, serving poor food and overpriced beers is award winning – I hate to think of what they rate as a poor restaurant. They don’t even spell the name of the restaurant correctly !!!!

Check Khiva Hotel Deals