Bintang Lodge Cafe and restaurant by Tobias

0852 3790 6259

Bintang Lodge Cafe and restaurant by Tobias Moni Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Budget hotel Jul 10, 2017
Our driver in Flores booked this place since we do not book anything prior to our trip.

When we arrived at the hotel, we check the room first to make sure it was clean and acceptable.

Apparently, July is a high season in Moni city Flores and we get the room which owned by the owner son. In front of our room was theirs family cemetery, and we can see the underwear hanging at the corner outside of the patio of our room.

The room itself was big and clean with private en-suite bathroom, but pretty sparse and basic for hotel standard. The bathroom was a wet style bathroom with hot water. There were no air condition as the city was cold as it was at the feet of Kelimutu mountain. However they provided fan inside the room, which we did not use. We actually need to wear jumper at night time.

Unfortunately plenty of mosquitos and I have prepared with the mosquitos spray so I spray the room when we go out and before we go to sleep.

The bed was comfortable enough, and the light was bright which I like. There is one table to put the stuff and an open cupboard and a couple hanger inside the room.

Unfortunately nothing to hang the towels and I enquiry if they can give us a tower hanger, which they oblige. The shower has pretty good water pressure and hot water worked well.

Not long after we stay in the room, we smell something bad coming from the sink which located inside the room and not in the bathroom.

I notify the owner and asked them to do something. Unfortunately the owner and one of the staff said they did not smell anything. Godness… it was very smelly of the sewage water probably.

Finally I asked them to get a lemon and they give me a couple of lemon which was sliced into two and I put that in the sink to covered the smell and closed the sink hole, so we can not smell the sewage smell. Luckily it was okay and the smell was not that bad like before.

The hotel has a restaurant which facing the street so we can see people watching and they have free internet connection. Unfortunately the connection was sporadic and cut off over, so I give up and do not use it.

The restaurant itself sell food but pretty basic and not much taste when we had dinner there. Price was reasonable for what they served. Service was quite fast as we order the food when we arrived to be served on certain time and when we come to the restaurant, our food was ready.

The hotel able to help arranging dance performance by local village nearby with a fee.

I find the breakfast food was better than the dinner. Not sure if they have different people cook the meal.

It cost Rp. 400,000 (usd $30) per night for two people including breakfast
the bedroom
open cupboard and the smelly sink
wet shower and toilet