Bimbo's 365 Club

www.bimbos365club.com - (415) 474-0365

Bimbo's 365 Club San Francisco Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
Dec 05, 2007
Despite being named "Bimbos", this is probably the classiest medium-sized music venue I've been to the Bay Area. It's definitely a lot nicer than most venues that are the same price range and size. It has a 1930s Art Deco jazzy feel to it and it's decorated with lots of red, oak, statues, and plants. The waiters and bartenders are dressed to match the atmosphere and decor.

It's spacious with a big lobby, a large seating area, a dance floor and two bars. The concert we went to was not seated, but a guy working there sat us at a table where we could have a drink and chat before the show started. If you have a small group, you will most likely be seated with people you don't know which is not a big deal. For upbeat concerts, everyone will move to the dance floor once the music starts. The dance floor can get a little too crowded. The audience was a lot older than what I'm used to, but that could have just been the concert I went to.

Bathroom experiences at clubs usually leave a lot to be desired, but I loooved the bathroom at Bimbos. It has a green room-like set up when you first walk in with several mirrors and chairs so people can fix their makeup without getting in the way of people washing their hands. There was an attendant working in the bathroom which usually bothers me. It's kind of a downer on a fun night out to have to take a paper towel from someone who obviously hates their job when I can easily get my own paper towel. But the bathroom attendant there was so oldschool and entertaining. She was cracking jokes and moving everyone along and seemed to be enjoying what she was doing and interacting with the patrons. She'll watch your drink for you while you're in the bathroom and make sure you pick it up before you leave. At the end of the night, the ladies room was still clean and I didn't have to roll up my pants before entering a stall. That alone deserves 5 stars ;)

This club is located on the outskirts of North Beach almost near Fisherman's Wharf. Parking can be tricky, but on a weekday we found street parking just a few blocks away. On weekends in North Beach you usually have to settle for a parking garage.
sybil says:
with a name like bimbos.... well, i just gotta check it out! haha!
Posted on: Dec 29, 2007
travelman727 says:
Ekua, what a great idea for a blog! I'll make sure to bring the flowers; no promises about the hair :-D
Posted on: Dec 28, 2007