Biloxi Welcome Center

Biloxi Welcome Center - Biloxi Lighthouse

Biloxi Welcome Center Reviews

loripori loripori
Biloxi - A Southern Belle Jan 21, 2017
Hans and I "discovered" BILOXI in December of 1994 and we've been going back ever since. We visited the Mississippi Welcome Station to get some brochures on our intended destination---New Orleans. Hans picked up a brochure about Biloxi and said "MMM---Casinos and white-sand beaches. Let's check it out". We did, fell in love with it and went back 15 times ever since.

Why Biloxi? It's the whole package. Casinos for Hans. For Lori---shopping, shrimp, 26 miles of white-sand beaches, cool Gulf breezes, shrimp, magnificent magnolia trees, charming southern mansions, lots of history and best of all---lots of shrimp.

I'm almost reluctant to tell everyone about BILOXI because I want to keep it as our special get-away place. But Biloxi is growing all by itself. Many more are coming with the excellent value package deals now offered.

Maybe you will be enticed by the Southern Hospitality , Warmth and Charm of Biloxi.

WE Mourn For Our Beloved Biloxi

Update: Hurricane Katrina hit our beloved Biloxi hard in August, 2005, devastating many homes, businesses and much loved historical landmarks.

A rebuilding effort is transforming Biloxi into a newer, improved version of its old self. I keep checking the web-site to see how things are going, so Hans and I can once again visit this wonderful spot.

Update - January - 2017 - We still have not gone back to Biloxi as it would break my heart to see that all those wonderful historic sites would all be gone. In this review I have pictures of some of these historic sites as they were originally.
Fishermans Cottage
Redding House
Father Ryan House
Brielmaier House -
loripori says:
Thanks Holger. Biloxi has a special place in our hearts.
Posted on: Jan 21, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
Brilliant photos here. - A pity that this lovely place was hit by hurricane Katerina.
Posted on: Jan 21, 2017