Billie's Backpackers Hostel

Check Fairbanks Hotel Deals

Billie's Backpackers Hostel Fairbanks Reviews

simsing simsing
A cozy place in the frozen land Oct 13, 2016
I have a very fond memory of my 5-day stay at Billie's Backpackers. The hostel is located at the outskirts of downtown Fairbanks which is ideal for watching northern lights aka aurora borealis. I went there in February when everything is frozen and icy white in the day but the night sky displays spectacular vivid green auroras. There is a frozen lake right across this hostel and in the night guests used to run to that place whenever there was sighting of the dancing lights.

From the airport you can either take a taxi or public transportation to the hostel. I didn't rent a car for this trip and bought day passes for the bus rides. The red and white building is not difficult to find. Even the bus drivers know where it is. Right after the entrance there is a living room and you have to take off your outside shoes here since they will make the inside muddy when the snow melts. There is a big kitchen and dining area where people can socialize. Billie lives in a separate room in this house. There is another building and a cabin which are rented too.

My dorm room was upstairs with 5 beds in it. The beds are very comfortable and feel of the hostel is very cozy. There were two more private rooms on the same floor. We had one bathroom to share and also the dining area had a big bathroom. There are some long term renters and repeat visitors which suggests that they like the place very much.

Billie has a cute little pug who is very friendly and likes the company of people. I met several nice guests at the dining area and went to tours with them and watched aurora late in the night. The whole stay was so magical that I don't know how to describe it in words. In future I will definitely go back to Alaska and when at Fairbanks this will be my home.
Billie's Backpackers
Cute building
A cafe near the hostel
My dorm room
monkeymia79 says:
I love the coziness of this hostel Sima and beautiful Frankie.

Thank you for the good recommendation and congratulations on your feature. A well deserving feature.
jethanad says: