Bill Thomas' Halo Burger

800 South Saginaw Street, Flint, MI, USA - (810) 238-1839

Bill Thomas' Halo Burger Flint Reviews

minus_the_pain minus_th…
Greatest Hamburger Ever? Mar 14, 2008
Though Flint, Michigan is known almost exclusively for the auto industry or for being one of the worst places in America to live, what usually ISN'T known is how GREAT the food is there. I have lived there off and on for about 30 years now and will most likely be writing many more reviews for Flint in the future. The very first review I am posting is for Bill Thomas' Halo Burger, better known as just Halo Burger. I know you are thinking, "Of all places to eat in a city, this guy is going to write about a burger joint?" Well, trust me when I say that Halo Burger HAS to be tops on your list of places to eat in Flint. Also, think about it... I could have written about ANY restaurant in Flint and this 'burger joint' was my first choice. When was the last time a place like McDonald's ever took priority over any other place to eat? Usually fast food burger joints are a last resort. I have traveled throughout ALL of the Eastern U.S., Canada, and even some of Mexico and I have NEVER EVER tasted a hamburger even remotely close to how amazing a Halo Burger is. Halo Burger has been in the Flint area for over 80 years, has been listed as a top 100 fast food restaurant in the world, and annually wins #1 awards in multiple categories throughout southeast Michigan. Their specialty is the Olive burger, which may sound terrible, but I know people who HATE olives but still LOVE that tasty burger, me included! The greatness doesn't stop there either. Their fries are also the best I have ever had- crispy and salty. They have a specialty shake called a Boston Cooler (half Vernors Soda, half Vanilla Shake) to wash it all down. they also have a delicious breakfast menu and many more offerings. Some Halo Burgers are even open 24 hours for those late night / early morning cravings. Ugh, it hits the spot! As their motto suggest, "Seven days without a Halo Burger makes one weak." I know fast food is the last thing on a travelers agenda but this is a MUST have whether staying in Flint, Mi. or just passing through. Don't miss it!
Bill Thomas' Halo Burger