Big Pines Tent & RV Park

501 Central Ave S, Park Rapids, MN, USA
(218) 732-4483
Big Pines Tent & RV Park - Alyssa_OB... excited about her tent being put up at 3AM
Big Pines Tent & RV Park - looking down the row of RVs and cabins
Big Pines Tent & RV Park - and to think we decided to do this trip at 10PM!!!
Big Pines Tent & RV Park - the tent

Check Park Rapids Hotel Deals

Big Pines Tent & RV Park Park Rapids Reviews

pinchora pinchora
camping off the beaten path Aug 03, 2008
On our way up to Itasca Alyssa_OB and I camped at the Big Pines Tent & RV Park by recommendation from the clerk at the Holiday Gas station down the road. We really weren't there that long... just 6 hours to sleep... but what I saw of it it is nice. Most spots were filled up... in fact I think we actually set up our tent in a parking space of a modular cabin type thing that is for sale...

We were in at 3AM... set up the tent by the light of my car and left by 9:30AM the next morning. We got to use the bathrooms, which was clean and nice and kept up... and across the hall from that is a coin op laundry unit (I didn't see any showers? So there might be some but I'm not too sure... we really didn't scope out the place). And when I was walking back to the car to leave there were some people out of their RV's enjoying nature.

The people there are quiet and the nice thing is that there are Trees everywhere so you had your own privacy and the sun didn't wake you up at sunrise by baking your tent.
Alyssa_OB... excited about her ten…
and to think we decided to do this…
jayechtenkamp says:
Hello, I just want to let everyone know that we have updated Big Pines with 50 amp, full-hook-up sites, high speed internet and a remodeled bathroom facility. Big Pines is conveniently located to shops/restaurants and nestled within 100-year old Norway pines along the Fishhook River. Private and scenic! We hope you can stay with us; we know you will enjoy the peaceful setting! Jay E., owner
Posted on: May 11, 2016
pinchora says:
why yes it did... I'm impressed I found the name of it.. .but I was determined and typed in camping on central in Park Rapids!!!
Posted on: Aug 04, 2008
alyssa_ob says:
So this place had a name?
Posted on: Aug 04, 2008
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
the ducks talk in their sleep Aug 04, 2008
Julie (pinchora) and I pulled into this little city campground around 3 in the morning after getting directions here from a gas station clerk. We couldn't find any open sites so we ended up setting up the tent at the end of the driveway for a little cabin. The campground only had about 12 sites and 10 of them seemed to be for permanent summer RV residents.

The bathrooms were not marked and we didn't see any place to pay for the site. The campground is above the river that runs through Park Rapids and the ducks were mumbling in their sleep all night long - until about 5 am when the crows started cawing. The people in the park, however, were very quiet.

I only found the bathrooms by wandering into the shelter building. The campground seems more geared towards long term residents that have bathrooms in their RVs. I never did find any showers.

The site we had (that wasn't a site) was nice because it remained shaded through out the morning due to the tall pines, making it nice to sleep in. I wouldn't recommend this campground if you plan on arriving late at night. It might not even be worth your time even if you are just passing through. The park isn't marked at all from the road and there are no signs directing you through the park. Even if you do manage to find it, with so few sites it might be tough to even get a site in the first place.
the tent
looking down the row of RVs and ca…

Check Park Rapids Hotel Deals