Big Dick's Halfway Inn

Lake Of The Ozarks, United States
Big Dick's Halfway Inn - Pre-boating supplies
Big Dick's Halfway Inn - Legendary
Big Dick's Halfway Inn - Minnow between the teeth
Big Dick's Halfway Inn - Have a DD because you can get a BUI (boating while intoxicated) No Joke!  This is my friend and driver of our boat.  Us drunk guys intentionally got him pulled over, he blew a 0.00!
Big Dick's Halfway Inn - Me jumping off a cliff
Big Dick's Halfway Inn - Mine is already done, haha
Big Dick's Halfway Inn - Poor little minnows

Big Dick's Halfway Inn Lake Of The Ozarks Reviews

geerbox geerbox
Minnow Shots!! Aug 30, 2006
This is a real bar/restaurant on Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. And yes, they rent a couple of cabins as well, I think they do that just to get the Inn part of the name. The Halfway part is referring to its location on the lake, which is approximately halfway between the Truman Dam and the Bagnell Dam. The original owner’s name was Richard so now the name is almost completely formed. I’m not sure about the rest though.

I am writing about the bar/restaurant and gift shop only because I have never even seen the cabins or rooms they rent. The place is located at the 47-Mile Marker (MM) of the lake. And for a reference point Bagnell dam is the start of the mile markers and the famous Party Cove is approximately 14MM. Most of the bars on the lake are before 25MM, so that can create a long boat ride for a lot of people.

But Big Dick’s is definitely worth the drive! The atmosphere is great here and they know how to party. They are famous for minnow shots and I’ve had my fair share of them (see pictures). You can pick any shot you want and you can pick any minnow you want. Get the shot, toss in the minnow and enjoy! I usually picked a shot I actually like (for quantity purposes), Jager, Butterscotch, Tequila….I guess I like about anything (no whiskey). And I always try to grab the feistiest minnow so you can really feel him wiggle down your throat, mmmm yummy! It is a great time and don’t be scared to have four or five in row, I’ve always found that to make for an interesting day. They serve the shots in plastic shot glasses so you can keep them, so hey, a free souvenir too. I have many stories from this bar, mostly good.

They serve more than booze, but that is the real reason for most to people to take the long boat ride. There is a full menu of hamburgers, salads, and other sandwiches and appetizers. Usually by the time I see the menu, my eyes are out of focus, so there might be more.

Don’t forget the gift shop though! The name itself makes a great marketing tool and they have it plastered on about everything you can imagine. There are many different styles of shirts with catchy phrases. I suggest not wearing them to church though ;)

I consider Big Dick’s Halfway Inn a must if you are at Lake of the Ozarks!
Legendary
Poor little minnows
Mine is already done, haha
Minnow between the teeth
alyssa_ob says:
ha ha! Love the name!
Posted on: Sep 21, 2008
geerbox says:
This place is THE BEST!!!
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008
motacek2 says:
Lets go bra....UUUMMM bring the ladiesssss and I'll get the beer!!!!
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008