Big City Diner

Big City Diner - Inside the diner

Big City Diner Honolulu Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
A wonderful diner! Apr 10, 2010
Big City Diner is a great place to eat. It´s a laid back and friendly local diner. Wether you are having breakfast, lunch or dinner, they have it all. Prices are very reasonable and portions are huge. There are 5 locations on the island of Oahu, three of them are in Honolulu. We went to the Kaimuki location.

Big City Diner has a nice, warm and friendly atmosphere. They also have very friendly and helpful staff. If you park in the parking lot in the back you can use the back entrance which goes through their kitchen. It shows how informal this place is.

Whatever your heart might desire they have something for everyone. They serve American favorites as well as Mexican, Chinese, Korean and Thai food. I could not decide between a Smoked Turkey & Cranberry Sandwich or Roasted Macadamia Nut Pancakes With Haupia Crème Sauce, which came in a stack of six pancakes. I really did not want anything sweet, but the pancakes were just too tempting. Well, our friendly waiter solved that problem. He suggested that I ordered just one pancake and the sandwich. Deal! When the pancake was served I almost died. It was huge. How can anyone eat six of those?

Big City Diners also have a good selection of deserts. Unfortunately after the sandwich and the pancake I didn´t have a chance.

I can warmly recommend Big City Diner and will definitely eat here again on my next visit to Honolulu.

Opening hours are:

Sunday - Thursday 7 am - 10 pm

Friday & Saturday 7 am - midnight

Big City Diner
Inside the diner
Inside the diner
The menu
sarahsan says:
You should definitely try this place KB!
Posted on: Jun 25, 2010
kb1008 says:
Going to Honolulu in a few days. Will try this place out! Making me hungry looking at the pics!
Posted on: Jun 25, 2010
sarahsan says:
You should try it Marianne! I can highly recommend it!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2010