Big Apple Hostel New York City

Big Apple Hostel New York City Rates and Deals

Big Apple Hostel New York City Reviews

marioruda marioruda
Great Location May 16, 2011
That is best hostel location in NY. I’ve been in three different hostel but Big Apple has the best one. Just few steps from Times Square. It’s not a cheap hostel but you save time and, maybe, money cause you ll not need metro, bus or taxi.

The clean is ok, the staff are ok, you have wi fi and good kitchen. Could have more fun and things to do but you are in NY so maybe they wanna let you go around to have fun.
kristina_87 kristina…
Awesome location Jul 29, 2010
Brilliant location, you have to walk like 2 minutes and you're standing right on Times Square.

Everyone was very friendly, I stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was big enough. The beds were okay, too, no complaints. Only the bathroom wasn't THAT clean, but I survived.

I can't say anything about the kitchen, didn't use it.

I would stay here again but I think there are better places, so next time I'd look for another place.
JoeEurope JoeEurope
Big Apple Hostel Aug 01, 2010
The Big Apple Hostel is located in the heart of Manhattan. Literally, it is only steps away from Times Square. The hostel is very easy to get to via public transportation. Of course they had other options, but we used the bus and subway system. There were a couple of subway stations nearby which made it very easy to get around the city and back to our hostel. There were restaurants and pubs nearby too. And the supermarkets were only about a 10 minute walk.

The hostel has 6 floors, and they do have an elevator. The commons area and kitchen are on the first floor located in the back. There’s also an outdoor patio. Though the kitchen was useful, it was very small compared to other hostels I’ve stayed at. It can get very crowded at meal times.

The rooms were very nice. They were average size with two sets of bunk beds and plenty of floor space for luggage. We had a window-unit air conditioner which kept us very cool at night. There were two bathrooms located at the end of the hall which was shared with 5 other rooms.

We stayed at this hostel during the middle of the summer, which meant we had to deal with the heat. Although our rooms were kept cool, it was very hot in other parts of the hostel. It seems that this place has a problem with ventilation. Windows in the bathrooms had to be kept open. And when sitting in the commons area at night, you could feel the sweat rolling off of you. This was sometimes inconvenient since the commons area is the only place you can access their free wi-fi internet.

Aside from the small inconveniences, I think the Big Apple Hostel is still a great place to lay your head at night while exploring New York City. After all, we only stayed there at night. The rest of our days, we were out having fun and enjoying the sites.

If you’ve stayed at this hostel before and would like to add a comment, please feel free to do so.
irene820 irene820
Big Apple Hostel, New York, USA Apr 29, 2008
Great location. 1 mimutes to Times Square. 3 minutes to subway station. 5 minutes to Port Authority. Free Wi-fi access if you got your laptop, charge applied if you use the computer in the lobby. Room is okay. Bathroom is a bit run-down. I stayed there in January 2008 for 1 night. I booked thru their website for USD 37 per night.
janethepain janethep…
Jul 09, 2007
Couldn't get a better location if you tried! It's right in Times Square and across the road from a Starbucks (but then again isn't everything in NY!). The security is fantastic with staff on duty 24/7. The elevators take you up to your room (or down to the basement laundry). Rooms are exceptionally large with heaps of space. I have stayed their twice - in winter and summer and it was neither too hot nor too cold in both. The rooms have 2 sets of bunks - 4 beds. Really quite rooms and 2 bathrooms for about 4 rooms. They are exceptionally clean and seem to be cleaned several times a day. It costs $34 a night. You can't get cheaper than that! Fantastic place to stay especially for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Book early though as I am sure they will fill up.

Big Apple Hostel New York City Amenities