Biergarten Haus

biergartenhaus.com - (202) 388-4053

Biergarten Haus Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
I actually went to eat German food Apr 11, 2011
Without naming and whining about another German restaurant I've been to, Biergarten has more hearthy food. It's not fancy, but it will surely full you up. Their food menu is nice and basic, but complete of the basic German food. Their knodel (a typical German dumpling) comes with their goulosh (German beef and vegetable stew). The spaetzle (German noodle) is a side that I ordered with my goulosh as well as a potato pancake.

My friend ordered a huge pork shoulder and it was insane when the bartender brought it out on the table. It was crisp and good. It's insane how big it was and even between the 3 of us, we didn't really finish it while trying to eat our own dishes.

It is such heavy food and there is no way to leave that place without rubbing your own buddha belly. We stayed inside and ate at the bar. However, there is an outdoor seating area. It divided into 2 areas, one with an overhang and another that is completely uncovered. It was rather cool when I went, but wouldn't have minded eating outdoors under one of the heaters, but we were inside. The upstairs bar was closed, but I liked the decor.
HuBison says:
Well-between you and I, we have submitted a COMPLETE review of this place! Hooray!
Posted on: Apr 11, 2011
alexindc says:
What's funny is that I've never even had any food there! ALL beer :)
Posted on: Apr 08, 2011
HuBison says:
Well, there's a short story or long answer (which ever you prefer). First, I don't drink beer (ick); second, I gave up drinking for Lent; and third, I went with my friends who I meet up with 2 or 3 times a year and used to live in Germany and hence, like German food. I'd go back.
Posted on: Apr 08, 2011
alexindc alexindc
Beer lover's heaven Aug 13, 2010
Since opening under much hype early in Summer of 2010, Biergarten Haus has remained a popular hangout in the H Street neighborhood. Offering over a dozen authentic German beers on draft, and a dozen more in bottles, as well as a food menu that is decidedly German, it's a great place to go if you like things, well, German!

Draft beers are served in half liter or liter sized mugs, and all bottled beers come with a chilled glass. Beers can be expensive here due to the fact that they're all good and imported, so watch out if you plan to order a round for your group! But they're all worth the price.

Featuring a bar upstairs and downstairs decorated to look like German pubs, as well as a very large ourdoor (but tented) beer garden out back, it still seems like there isn't enough room to keep up with the popularity of the place. Often times, there is a wait to get to the beer garden; simply grab a beer from the inside bar and sip it while you wait in line. The beer garden is serviced by pleasant servers, who draw their beers from the taps located outside for maximum speed and conveinence.

If you're in the mood to break from the traditional American or preveland Irish bars, and want some excellent beer, check out Biergarten Haus!

Check Washington Hotel Deals