TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 682,852 travelers just like you!

Biedjee
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Hometown: Hilversum, Netherlands
Location: Hilversum, Netherlands
Website: www.dprp.net
Join Date: August 17, 2007
Contributions: Biedjee has written about 524 places, shared 8,606 photos, left 2,552 comments, and smiled 6,317 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Japan
dream destination
one of the options for 2014
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Dutch, English, Spanish, German
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
There are so many... Every trip should be a memorable experience, but a few of my absolute highlights:

- First view on Yosemite
The first national park visited on my first big trip. It was this view that made me appreciate just how beautiful this planet is and that I wanted to see a lot more of it!

- Crossing the Australian desert
Defying temptation and advice to book an organised tour, we drove our old Ford over The Great Central Road, from Perth to Alice Springs, driving 1500 kilometres on unpaved roads and passing through Aboriginal territory most of the way.

- Barbecue in Beirut
On a little side-trip while travelling through the Middle East we met a Lebanese couple who promptly invited us over for a Sunday lunch barbecue. A touching gesture of hospitality in a country torn apart by the tensions in the region.

- Cruising the Chilean fjords
Two trips aboard the Puerto Eden and Evangalistas - absolutely memorable experiences floating through some of the best scenery in the world.

- Camping on Easter Island
Had enough of my hotel and spent the night wild-camping beneath a Moai.

- Mongolia
Everything about it really. The vastness, the emptyness, the kind people... every bit of this country is a highlight; travelling even the most well-throdden tracks still feels like an adventure!

- Uyuni Salt Lake trip
The most beautiful scenery on earth. Full stop.

- Party at the US Embassey in Singapore
Pre-9/11 these things were still possible.

- Leaving La Paz during civil unrest
My most memorable day of travelling, see also my separate blog.

- Trans-Siberian Railroad
7 days and nights gently rocking on a train...

- Machu Picchu/Tikal/Angkor Wat/Palmyra/Petra at dawn
Magical places in magical light.

- Inca Trail/Paine Circuit/Milford Track/Everest Base Camp
great work-out and stunning scenery
Profile
A travel addict - obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be here.
I prefer my trips to go to places where not too many other people go, although I am aware that touristy places are frequented by this many travellers for a reason :-)

The best trips for me are those that follow an unplanned itinerary and where I will meet a good mix of fellow travellers and locals alike, with the occassional day of solitude as well.

vodkaphix says:
Wow, five years since logging in to TB>
My winged have been clipped, finacially speaking.
Are you still traveling?
Noel.
Posted on: Apr 21, 2017
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Nov 19, 2016
brishanalynn says:
Hello! :)

I am reaching out to folks on Travbuddy to help me continue fulfilling my dream to travel the world by contributing to my upcoming trip to Italy! I've created a Plumfund account and any amount would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!!

Overview 12,494 words 286 49 306
This blog was featured on Saturday August 9th, 2014
Switzerland 2013
Jul 19, 2013 – Aug 02, 2013
blogs coming at some point in the distant future....
Overview 0 words 0 0 0
Iceland 2013
Feb 15, 2013 – Feb 22, 2013
Ice Ice Baby
Overview 0 words 0 0 0

Biedjee's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Hostels" in Beijing, China
Four years ago I wrote a review about this place, which I ended with the words: "While I haven't…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Kamp-Bornhofen, Germany
The first time I stayed in this hotel was three years ago. I visit the Night of the Prog festiva…
Cheap "General Tips & Advice" in China
Country: China (excluding Tibet) Period visited: 2010 - 25 nights Budget per day: 45 Euro Act…