Bibi's on the Beach

Buccaneer Resort, Bocas del Toro, Panama

Bibi's on the Beach Bocas del Toro Reviews

bangbang22 bangbang…
A must!!! Jul 16, 2011
After being in Panama City for 3 weeks and dining all over, I came to Bocas del Toro/Carenero. My father lives on the latter island and told me that Bibi's was the place for some great food...boy, did he know what he was talking about! I had their traditional creole chicken with the steamed vegetables and I would recommend it to anyone. The sauce was chock full of peppers, onions, and tomatoes with a spice that gave it a slow, sweet burn that many 5 star restaurants can't seem to capture. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The calamari could easily fit in at a Miami-South Beach restaurant for 6 times the price and people would be glad to pay it. The breading is crisp and almost biscuit-like with no greasiness. None. Seriously. The views are beautiful as the restaurant is actually a wooden hut on stilts above the Caribbean. The proprietors (Penny and Luis) were there chatting and laughing with guests; they're two of the nicest people you can find. If you're lucky you'll get to meet their daughter Bibi, whom the restaurant is named after. Either way, if you're in the area don't miss this place!
RyanCorrea says: