Bg Apartment Royal

Check Belgrade Hotel Deals

Bg Apartment Royal Belgrade Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Nice Apartment but no reception May 28, 2012
The location was really good, right at the old town within walking distant to many sights like Gallery of Frescoes, Kalemegdan Citadel, and National Museum, restaurants and cafe around it.

Unfortunately the check in was very difficult since there were no receptionist inside the building. It was actually someone apartment which they rent it out to foreigner. Since I booked it through the booking.com and the website informed us to call the phone number provided when we arrived in Belgrade - but no email address provided. There is a complete address of the building location but not the apartment number, so we do not know which apartment we would stay in.

I did not called the owner as I was not sure if the owner can speaks English or not – since it is Eastern Europe and this is first time I visit Belgrade.

When we arrived at the apartment, we could not go inside and we do not the apartment number. So we go to the restaurant nearby to have lunch and asked the waitress to call the owner of the apartment. He speaks with the apartment owner and said the owner will wait for us at the apartment.

We went back to the apartment and still nobody waiting for us. So, I asked someone on the street to help to call the phone number provided since my cell phone was not working there. But no connection and we keep getting busy line.

Finally, we went back to the restaurant where we had our lunch and asked the waitress to call the apartment again. He gets connection and said someone waited for us in the apartment. We said nobody outside the apartment. The waitress confirmed us that someone would be there within 5 minutes.

We get back to the apartment – which by the time I get really tired and annoy, and we decided that if by 10 minutes after wait outside and nobody coming, we would go to other hotel and deal with the credit card payment later as we have booked the place online and put the credit card as a security payment.

At last the old woman come down and open the door and she does not speaks English at all, she only speaks Serbian. After she showed the apartment and she called her son on her cell phone, and the son speaks English to us. We stay 4 nights here.

The apartment was spacious and fully furnishes - one bedroom with one queen bed, one living room with sofa bed, kitchen, shower – but the floor of the glass shower gets flooded after shower the drain was not good.

It cost 50 euro per night without breakfast. We were not worry about breakfast as so many bakeries shops down stair and also minimarket. I do not remember if soap provided or not.

Overall, it was nice apartment but the check in was terrible. I probably would not stay in this kind of apartment anymore, as I like the flexibility and easy access to the place especially when I just arrived in the country. I have given it as average base on this experience.
the bedroom