Beware when using your credit card in Indonesia

Kuta, Indonesia

Beware when using your credit card in Indonesia Kuta Reviews

TanjaHill TanjaHill
Aug 07, 2006
Please be aware that when using your credit/debit cards in Indonesia that the receipt you are given has got ALL your card details on it, full name , full card numberm start date and expirty datemwhereas in most countries some of the numbers are normally crossed out to avoid fraud....this is not the case in Indonesia, so make sure that your receipts are kept somewhere secure or destroy them completely.....Luckily I noticed this as soon as I got there.....
hayley_phoon says:
thank you for the useful information, that's freaky!
Posted on: Sep 11, 2011
o_ring333 says:
2 years ago I visited Kuta, Bali and days after returning to Oz my bank contacted me. They informed me that when my Visa card had been swiped through the EFTPOS machine at one of the hotels I stayed at, it had illegally copied information from it that could be used to withdraw money at a later date. They rang me to get authorisation and to immediately cancel my card & issue a new one. I suggest that if you are going to use a card, maybe use one with a small limit on it, just to cover what you need while you are one holidays or use a debit card with limited funds on it.
Posted on: Mar 04, 2011