Beware of crime.

Grande Prairie, Canada

Beware of crime. Grande Prairie Reviews

planxty planxty
Beware of crime. Mar 17, 2017
TB member Ravenswing aka Lynne and I visited the city in August 2016, stayed a couple of days and encountered no problems at all. It was only later (November 2016) whilst researching for this piece that I discovered that in statistics which had been published literally a fortnight before our visit by StatsCan (the Government statistics agency) Grande Prairie is officially the most dangerous city in Canada.

In 2015 it was the worst city for both violent and non-violent crime, in total drug violations, firearms use, impaired driving, fraud and motor-vehicle theft. It has more than double the per-capita frequency than Canada's third-worst city for vehicle theft, Surrey, B.C. and had a 22.4% increase for all crime on the previous year.

I am not going to labour the point and I stress that we had no difficulties. I am fairly situationally aware and there are areas in Edmonton where I would be much more vigilant but we were not in possession of the information then and were living in somewhat of a state of blissful ignorance.

In the spirit of TB I feel it necessary to alert the reader to the situation so they can make an informed decision about whether or not to visit and how it may determine their behaviour if they do visit.
Street View, Grande Prairie.

Check Grande Prairie Hotel Deals