Beware of cheating travel blogs

World

Beware of cheating travel blogs Reviews

nanie05 nanie05
Batin Travel Blog - The Cheek of it! Jun 20, 2009
On 16th June, I googled an Iranian restaurant I had earlier written about on TravBuddy and saw a Vietnamese site called Batin Travel Blog carrying my blog. And was i shocked to find not only mine but hundreds of other blogs from TravBuddy!

And then it hit me that this site was reproducing TravBuddy articles which had been written by Travbuddy bloggers and passing them off as their own. For TravBuddy bloggers, what we write are meaningful, and are to be shared with like minded TravBuddy friends and genuine travel fans. Now to see these articles and be associated with this weird and embarassing Batin site is just NOT ON!!

What they have done is not only illegal, its also shameful and irresponsible. If you are reading this very blog on Batin Travel Blog, then you've been duped....for this blog was written for TravBuddy.

For the sake of intellectual property and responsible reporting, report this to google at

Trees
nanie05 says:
Yes Sandy, it was terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if many of yours were there as well! But it has been removed from the internet - permanently I hope! ..but it might just come up again using another name!
Posted on: Jun 27, 2009
azsalsa says:
Yes, Nanie, I just found out about this rogue website! I recognized some blogs from other Travbuddies there. I haven't had a chance to see if any of mine were on there.......it is quite an invasion of privacy in my opinion and they should be removed from the WWW!
Posted on: Jun 27, 2009
Flyinhigh says:
Wow...
Posted on: Jun 20, 2009
Beware of cheating travel blogs Map