Beware of Pickpockets in Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

Beware of Pickpockets in Copenhagen Reviews

NiceFLGuy1963 NiceFLGu…
Beware of Pickpockets in Copenhagen Denmark Jun 02, 2010
There is a ring of Pickpockets operating in Copenhagen. They target restaurants and hotels with restaurants. I was the victim of a robbery/pickpocket in a restaurant late at night. Apparently the police can do almost nothing to stop them. The hotel where I stayed even had one to happen in their restaurant and they had security cameras in place. According to the locals, the government tends to keep silent about it for several reasons (one reason is an economic impact and the other is ethnically charged due to the status granted by the EU). If you are in Copenhagen, leave all items in a hotel room safe. If the hotel does not have a room safe, hid valuables as best you can and only take enough money for food and a very low limit credit card. Wear them on your body under you undergarments. That's about the safest place to hide funds according to the locals. I am not impressed with Copenhagen and a return visit is out of the question for me. I will say the police and the Danes were very helpful and sympathic and I like them greatly, but their government's lack of action turns me off in general. Just be careful and VERY aware if you are out at any time of day or night.

Check Copenhagen Hotel Deals