Beware of Europcar Rental

Dublin, Ireland

Beware of Europcar Rental Dublin Reviews

cocoa cocoa
Beware of Europcar Rental Apr 23, 2015
I booked my car at a reasonable price on their website, however after my trip I discovered my credit had been grossly over charged. I'm talking 400 Euro over charged.

I even checked into the additional fees etc. before I booked and nothing that I had including the GPS I rented would cost 400 euro over what I was expecting.

I turned the car in with no damage and a full tank of gas.

When I picked up the car they gave me a new Hondai i10, did not tell me if this was an additional charge, also does not say it was additional on my invoice. Also they shuttled me to the parking lot, gave me my GPS and told me where to find the car. No one went over the car with me. I called the rental office a few times for things on the car I was unfamiliar with. They were very helpful in this but it could have been avoided had someone just gone through things with me.

Word to the wise beware of this place!
TravChef says:
Oh that's not good. I hope they would sort this out for you. It might be somewhere that show you didn't take the insurance. You have a rental paper?
cocoa says:
Hi TravChef,
It was not for a guarantee. They charged me for their complete car insurance add on that I did not ask for. But they are refusing to refund the money they charged my credit card.
TravChef says:
Is it for the guarantee? Maybe they will refund later? I use a lot of Europcar and has no problem, they will charge your credit card for guarantee and they will refund it after we finish our rental.

Check Dublin Hotel Deals