Bevitoria Navona

Piazza Navona, Rome, Italy

Bevitoria Navona Rome Reviews

nmcrae1 nmcrae1
Budget Travelers: Beware of Restaurants in Famous Piazzas May 20, 2009
I would like to make a brief addendum to the other review of Bevitoria Navona (thanks by the way, Sid, for the great review). While this is a nice establishment in a location that surely cannot be beat in terms of sheer beauty, I strongly encourage travelers on a budget to steer clear of these kinds of places. Restaurants in famous piazzas, that is. These may be good, but are almost universally tourist traps.

I know that the view is tempting, and that the restaurant hawkers will be trying to pull you in (some of them will actually do things like approach your group as you walk by and say "How many will be dining with us today?" as though you had walked into the place), but I promise you that just around the corner on any side street you will find an abundance of nice little places with more authentic food for half the price.

Come back to Piazza Navona after dinner with your gelato. The view is free.
sid583 sid583
Dec 15, 2007
For location this has to be in the top 5 in Rome. It is situated in the Piazza Navona looking right at the statue of Neptune.

Staff are very friendly and helpful and are never far away but never to close to make you feel crowded.

Food is very good. We went for lunch and had pizzas which was very nice but have had better in Rome hence for me it is not quite 5 star. Plenty of choice and some lovely wines on offer.

For the location I was very surprised at how reasonable the price was and would definatley recommend this place to anyone. Even to just sit with some wine and enjoy the location this place is well worth a visit.
View from our table.