Beverley, England

Beverley Reviews

davidx davidx
Beverley - an historic county town. Nov 09, 2011
Beverley was the county town of the East Riding of Yorkshire and later of the county of Humberside, itself no longer in existence. When I used to travel all over Yorkshire and Humberside, this was one of my favourite places.

I used to approach it past its delightful racecourse. The town centre is quite small but it contains two superb churches with absolutely terrific interior carvings.

I undestand tha the County Hall was the model sed by Winifred Holtby in her novel 'South Riding.'

Related Travel Blogs About Beverley

Thanks Beverley!
Today we discovered why Wellington is known as a windy city... but more on that later.This morning at 11:00, the three of us met my colleauge, Beverley Cathcart and her husband, Robin, on the steps o…Beverley Cathcart and her husband, Robin, on the steps of New Zealand's Parliament in downtown Wellington.  Beverley
I love York!!!! York is probably my favourite city throughout the whole Haggis tour. In the morning, after breakfast, I went to the Haggis office to continue the Haggis tour back to England. Most of …Beverley, where we will be staying in a friar, near Beverley Minster. I wasnt looking forward to staying…

Check Beverley Hotel Deals