Betty's Pies

www.bettyspies.com - (218) 834-3367

Betty's Pies Two Harbors Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
good food, great pies! Jul 07, 2009
Betty's Pies is on Hwy 61 a few miles north of Two Harbors, MN, on your way to exlporing the North Shore of Lake Superior. Obviously they are well known for their pies but they also have a full menu. The restaurant sneaks up on you and the parking lot is often near full.

We stopped on a Tuesday afternoon around 2:30 pm and there was still a waiting line to be seated. We opted to sit at the counter so we didn't have to wait as long. We ordered pasties - a traditional meal of miners. It is a baked pastry filled with meat and vegetables. I got the chicken one and it was very good and filling.

For dessert I got the Superior Cruch Pie which has a blend of strawberries, rhubarb, apples, blueberries and maybe one more berry. I asked for whipped cream on top. It was DELICIOUS!!! My mom got the Banana Supreme which had chocolate creme, strawberry creme, vanilla creme, strawberries and bananas. It was also good.

If you just want pie to go, you can walk up to the take out window and order a slice of pie or a pie shake. They take a whole slice of pie and blend it with ice cream and milk.

The restaurant is non smoking and has seating in two rooms plus a porch area. You can see Lake Superior from the dining rooms. Prices are reasonable but most people come for the pie. If you go early in the morning, they have fewer selection of pies. They bake throughout the day depending on demand and the available pie flavors are on a board. Two pie flavors ran out during our meal. The best selection is around lunchtime to mid-afternoon.

They just opened a new location in the Twin Cities in White Bear Lake (Minnesota) up on I-694.
Superior Cruch Pie with whipped cr…
Banana Supreme Pie
Front of Betty's Pies
Dining area by Lake Superior view
pinchora says:
this looks really good!
Posted on: Jul 13, 2009
kaki0301 kaki0301
Sep 30, 2007
Betty's Pie's is a quaint diner along highway 61. It makes for a perfect stop while traveling along Minnesota's North Shore. Obviously, you cannot stop with out trying the pie. I suggest trying a "Pie Shake"! They take a piece of pie of your choice, scoop of ice cream and a bit of milk and blend it all together for a delicious treat! So far my favorite combo has been the Cherry berry pie shake! :) They also have a full menu if you are hungry beyond dessert.

Related Travel Blogs About Betty's Pies

Lots of driving and scenery
As I was planning this trip, my mom decided to come along with me - partly because I would be alone and she would worry about me and partly because she thought it sounded fun.  We loaded up her …Betty' Pies near Two Harbors for a late lunch (2:30 pm) and delicious pies!  I picked up a geocache…
stops around Two Harbors
We ate lunch at Betty's Pies (see review) and I found a geocache nearby.  Some of the photos are from the wayside near Betty's Pies, some are from the overlook at the Silver Creek Cliff Tunnel.&… We ate lunch at Betty's Pies (see review) and I found a geocache nearby.  Some of the photos…

Check Two Harbors Hotel Deals