Betel Box Backpacker Hostel

Betel Box Backpacker Hostel Rates and Deals

Betel Box Backpacker Hostel Singapore Reviews

kiddie kiddie
Two Thumbs Up! Apr 14, 2012
I stayed here a couple of years ago with a big group, and I must say, everyone who works here are very accommodating and friendly. Unlike other hostels, they serve fresh fruits and cereals for breakfast, rooms and bathrooms are cleaned regularly as well. The only downside to this almost perfect backpack hostel is the location (I didn't mind personally), If you're looking for a quiet and relaxing place to stay in after your long day, this might not be the best place since it is located in the Red light district, But if you're in for a little nightlife and would not mind stumbling at girls in high heels and short skirts when you wake up in the morning, then you would definitely love this place.
chillin like a villain
j9_36 j9_36
Safe and practical Backpacker hostel in Singapore May 20, 2011
I was set to travel with a friend to singapore for 4 days but due to some unavoidable reasons, she didnt push through so I end up travelling alone. I thought it would not be practical for me to stay in a hotel while I´m alone. I decided to stay in Betel box Backpacker Hostel in Joo Chiat.

I got the 8 person female dorm for $23 per night with free bread, coffee and fruits for breakfast.

The staff are very friendly and always ready to assist you. They also have free internet access for 30 minutes everyday but if you have laptop they provide free wifi at the reception area. They also give free tours for their guests.

One of the best thing in my stay here is I was able to meet a lot of other guests who came from diff parts of the world. So I was able to learn so many things from other guests as well.

I will recommend this for those who travel alone and on a budget like me :)
marix_sublime marix_su…
betel box backpacker hostel Mar 24, 2009
Betel Box is a very friendly and cheap hostel. It is clean and safe as well. It is located at 200 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore

We went to book the female dorm as we were seven in the group. The downside of it is that we had to share the toilet and bath with the male dorm, it can get crowded but the male occupants were at that time, just gentlemen enough to give us a lot of space.

We also enjoyed the free breakfast of bread, coffee and fruits. If you want more, you need to buy additional stuff like butter or cheese, but so long as you’re ok with the bread and coffee then you can have your fill of it.

We went to Singapore way back 2006, and I think they were charging 18Singapore Dollars per night, and in expensive Singapore that price is indeed friendly. Betel Box is 5 kms away from Mustafa Centre, the famed 24 hours mall where you can buy practically anything you need.
Glynnes says: