Best western west memphis inn

Average rate: $75 - Hotel class: 2 stars
3401 Service Loop Road, West Memphis, AR, USA

Best western west memphis inn Rates and Deals

Best western west memphis inn Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Comfortable Hotel, Poor Management Sep 02, 2011
Originally I was going to review this hotel as average. It was located within walking distance of an eating option, visible from the highway – though hard to get to, a comfortable bed, small swimming pool, and other comforting amenities..

I first had issues with finding the place. It was located on a frontage road that lead behind the flying J truckstop. The roads did not look like a two way street to me at first. They were a bit narrow and the yellow lines were practically nonexistent as seen by the main road. This is not the fault of the hotel, of course, but, in my book, when traveling the easier the hotel is to find the better.

Bed was comfortable and the room was both spacious and clean. There was a wide screen tv with loads of channels along with a fridge and microwave.

My main issue and the reason why I will def not return to this hotel was the manager in the morning. I had asked for one extra hour because I was unsure if I would need to stay another night or head further West to meet my father for work. We did not get a permit yet. With the timing of the up coming national holiday and my trip to Europe any delay would mean that I have to go home instead of working another job. The woman working the front desk in the morning had told me that an hour would be okay but anything after that then I would be charged for an additional night. Fair enough. But 30 minutes later the manager called me and said that my request was denied. I told her that I was already told that it was okay and then she tried to pass it as if the first woman did not give me permission but left a note asking HER if it was okay and it was not.

I was a bit frustrated and annoyed but didn’t argue and got my stuff together so I could check out. When I walked back into the hotel and took a picture of the front foyer for my TB review I was told strictly that it was against the law to take pictures without permission “that is just how it is”.

Being a photographer and a TB reviewer, I am interested in knowing why and where it is stated so I can read the “law” or policy itself. She took my question as an argument and began talking over me as I tried to explain that I was not aware of the policy and that I take pictures all the time for these reviews. I asked if I could take a another picture and she said “NO” because I did not ask the first time.. She would not answer any of my questions, just kept repeating “ That’s just how it is”

Really frustrated at this point, I try to tell her about the brown water that came out of the faucets. However, before I could finish my sentence, this same manager started with an angry tone in her voice about some construction.

The tone really upset me and I asked if she had a problem with me and she went back to some manager customer service script without even looking at me. At this point I demanded that she pay attention to what I had to say – to this she rolled her eyes. I explained that I am sorry that I angered her for not asking before taking a picture and that I was informing her of the faucet issue because I believe in letting the management know of these problems so that they can be addressed before they become bigger problems. Her response was just a repeat of everything else. When Isaid that Iwon’t be returning she said thank you..

I don’t expect every encounter with another person to be all peaches and cream, but this manager’s completely dismissive and rude attitude ruined was essentially a decent stay for me. I spend over 80% of the year in hotels due to work and never came across someone so unwilling to work with a customer.

I came to this place because I thought it would be nicer than the dive hotel I stayed at down the street next to the Petro.. but seriously I would rather sleep in dive hole with better customer service than a nice place with such horrible management.
evans29 says:
ouch, whenever i stay in a hotel, i usually lie through my teeth and say that im a hotel reviewer working for *so and so newspaper*, then they go out of their way to provide the best service they can ;)

try it out, it works a treat :)
Posted on: Dec 13, 2011
montecarlostar says:
That's what I thought hahaha :P good for you! :P :D
Posted on: Sep 03, 2011
esterrene says:
no I haven't.. I usually stay at my apartment in baton rouge :P:P

Some places treat their customers like second rate citizens that should feel lucky to have stayed there,.. fortunately this is not too often :)
Posted on: Sep 03, 2011

Best western west memphis inn Overview

Downtown Memphis is within 5 miles away from the Best Western Inn West Memphis. Some of the nearby popular attractions are the Beal Street, Crittenden Memorial, Memphis Zoo, Meadowbrook Country Club and the Memphis Botanical Gardens. Several corporate, dining and shopping locations are likewise close by.

The Best Western Inn West Memphis houses 39 modern guest rooms. All units are equipped with high-speed Internet connections, cable/satellite televisions, clock radios, work areas, coffee/tea makers, ironing equipment and dataport phones. Microwave ovens and refrigerators are also available.

The Best Western Inn West Memphis offers various amenities for business and leisure. These include copy and fax services, concierge services, an outdoor swimming pool and high-speed Internet access. Complimentary treats include a daily Continental breakfast and coffee services.

Best western west memphis inn Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Outdoor heated pool
  • Family Room
  • Free Parking

Check Best western west memphis inn Rates and Deals

Best western west memphis inn Map
West Memphis