Best western west hotel

Best western west hotel Rates and Deals

Best western west hotel Oslo Reviews

travelfan1963 travelfa…
A Budget Friendly Hotel in Oslo Jun 04, 2011
Oslo is expensive...very expensive. I was really worried about my budget and after doing some research, I luckily stumbled upon the Best Western West Hotel.

Located in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood filled with embassies, shops and restaurants, the friendly, family-run West Hotel is a find.

Rooms are very simple, but efficient with comfortable beds. My room had ample storage as well as a writing desk. Free WiFi is offered, along with cable television.

Bathrooms are small but clean, and every room comes equipped with a toilet and shower. The drainage could be better, but as the hotel is in an older building, the plumbing can be fussy.

Breakfast is included which is a great perk in Oslo as eating out is costly. The breakfast buffet is delicious and includes fresh breads, meats, cheeses, fish, cereals, eggs, sausages, yogurts and heart-shaped waffles. Be sure to try the raspberry jam on bread, which melts in your mouth, as well as a topping called "fruits of the forest" made with super sweet berries. Each table at breakfast is decorated with a lit candle and rose for a touch of elegance.

The hotel normally has a bar and restaurant, but these were closed when I visited.

The hotel also offers a packed lunch for 65 NOK made of leftovers from the breakfast buffet. This is a reasonable price in Norway.

To get to the West Hotel, take the Flytoget airport train to Nationaltheatret Station (train runs every 20 minutes). Take the Henrik Ibsen/Parkveien exit and the hotel is about a five or ten minute walk. This is an actual working neighborhood, which I loved, located just behind the Royal Palace (Slottet).

The West Hotel is also close to some good, lower-priced eating options like Apent Bakerei (two blocks), Pizza da Mimmo (one block) or an ICA supermarket for groceries (two blocks).

The bottom line is while the rooms are simple, this hotel's price is a deal by Oslo standards. The rooms are quiet, the breakfast is wonderful and the neighborhood is a delight.
The Best Western West Hotel
My quiet room on the fourth floor
Television and desk in my room
jart2b says:
Thanks! Bookmarking another one..you always find the best hotels!
Posted on: Jun 06, 2011
Cuvasea Cuvasea
Affordable Hotel in an expensive city. Jun 21, 2011
When I was going to Oslo I knew this city is one of the most expensive cities in the world. So when looking for a place to stay I wanted a cheap but clean and safe place to stay. I found this hotel and it was a great find. The cost is normal for any hotel and for a best western a good value. We got in 5 days after New Years day at night so you know it was cold out side and dark. When we got in the first this the desk clerk asked us if we wanted coffee or tea to worm us up. The staff was nice and did everything to help us out.

The room was a good sizes for us and we got the street view as well. The location of the hotel is in a nice area with homes as well as shops near buy. The breakfast was also good and the room was nicely decorated. We had to leave at 5am and the same staff person was working that night and helped us until we stepped in the taxi.

A great place, a great location, a great value. When I go back to Oslo this is a place I will go to first.
Sads79 Sads79
Affordable friendly hotel Feb 26, 2009
We picked this hotel on Expedia as it was one of the cheapest we could find in Oslo city centre and it seemed to have decent reviews.

I'd definitely recommend it if you are on a budget. It's located about 15 minutes walk from the city's main pedestrian areas and easily reached when arriving by train by the Nationaltheater station (save yourself a bit of a walk and don't stay on the train to Central Station).

The room was clean and comfortable. Usual amenities with cable TV and ensuite. The best bit about the rooms are the extremely soft and comfy beds - we had a twin with two singles, but we both agreed that they were among the most comfortable beds we'd ever slept in!

The contintenal breakfast served downstairs in the morning is also decent - make the most of the fresh bread, cheeses, meats etc to save on food costs when you get out later on!!

Best western west hotel Overview

This accommodation in Oslo is situated near many attractions, such as the Aker Brygge Waterfront and Royal Palace. There are many cafes, galleries and museums in the local area. In addition, guests will be able to easily access a variety of bars and restaurants not far from the hotel. A variety of shopping venues is located in the nearby vicinity. There are also cinemas and theaters in the area. The airport is located within a short drive of the Best Western West Oslo. Public transportation services are available in the area near the hotel, making it easy for guests to get around the city and see the attractions.

Each of the guestrooms at the Best Western West Hotel Oslo features a television, Internet access, mini-bar, hair dryer, work desk, in-house movies and balcony or terrace. There are 56 guestrooms at the hotel.

Amenities available at the hotel include an elevator, restaurant, safety deposit boxes and laundry/dry cleaning services. All rooms also have an in-room safe and ironing set.

Best western west hotel Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower