Best western le nouvel orleans

Average rate: $81 - Hotel class: 3 stars
25 Avenue Du General Leclerc, Paris, France

Check Paris Hotel Deals

Best western le nouvel orleans Paris Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Average hotel Jun 29, 2013
Best Western Le Nouvel Orleans is located in the 14th arrondissement, across the street from Mouton Duvernet metro station and one block from Denfert Rochereau metro and RER station. The catacombs are only a block away. Walking through them you actually walk under the hotel!

I arrived at 7:30 pm. It was quiet in the reception and check-in was very efficient. The receptionist spoke excellent English and was very informative. I felt very welcome. The hotel was located in a typical old French block of flats. The elevator was tiny and barely fitted me and my suitcase.

The room was small. It was just enough room to walk around the double bed. Despite the size they had managed to fit in a desk, a chair and a small wardrobe, which had an electronic safe in it. The flat screen TV had mostly French channels. The AC worked extremely well. I set it to 18 degrees and came back a couple of hours later to find an igloo! I´m not sure where they had planed for the guests to put their luggage! I managed since it was only me and a medium sized suitcase. For a couple with two bags or more, it would be a problem.

I was later told that I had been upgraded from the single room I had originally booked. To see the size of the double room, I can´t imagine how tiny a single room must be.

The bathroom was decorated with white tiles and had some amenities, plus fluffy white towels. It was very small and the walk in shower was tiny. Honestly, I don´t think a very large person would get into the shower. The cleanliness in the bathroom as well as in the room was okay, but not great. The little self in the shower was broken, so it wasn´t possible to leave a soap on it. The hot water was a bit unpredictable. It seemed like it disappeared when other guests were using it at the same time.

Wi-fi was free, but a pain to use. I was disconnected all the time and when I managed to stay connected, it was lousy. I didn´t even manage to post comments on Facebook. There was a guest PC in the lobby. I didn´t try it, but maybe it worked better than the wi-fi in the room.

The breakfast buffet was not included in the room rate and was an extra €13. I never made it to breakfast, so I don’t know what it was like.

The Avenue Du General Leclerc is a busy and noisy street, so if you are sensitive to noise, make sure to get a room away from the front of the hotel. My room was facing a side street. It wasn´t noisy, but I could hear the traffic in the distance.

There are a lot of shops and restaurants in the area. The reception staff was really sweet, but it wasn´t enough to give the Best Western Le Nouvel Orleans more than 3*.
Best Western Le Nouvel Orleans
Reception
Guest PC
Room 307
cotton_foam says:
I love reading your reviews for hotels, Sarah! Lots of details so it is very helpful!!
Posted on: Jun 29, 2013
davpav davpav
Paris hotel easy to find and affordable. Mar 15, 2010
I used this hotel to get points on my best western account and because it was cheap. I was so glad to find this little place. It is just a regular hotel but I liked the location. The neighborhood is cool with lots of life, shopping and cafes. I understand this is not the Latin quarter but you do get a slice of real life not tourist spots. Got lost down the alleyways and found a charming cafe. I recall those Salmon crepes with fondness. The hotel is not a place you can hang out. No restaurant to speak of and breakfast was blah. Stay for the great deal and enjoy the neighborhood.

Best western le nouvel orleans Overview

The hotel is situated in the south of Paris in a lively area where guests can find many restaurants and various shops. The nearest metro station Mouton Duvernet (line 4), is one stop from RER B station Denfert Rochereau which goes direct to Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airport, and line 4 which crosses Paris from the south to the north, stopping at Saint Germain des Pres and Notre Dame.

The Best Western Le Nouvel Orleans is close to the Latin Quarter and Saint-Germain-Des-pres, in a typically lively Parisian area and not far from the Montparnasse railway station. With the metro station as well as the subway RER on the doorstep, the Best Western Le Nouvel Orleans is a good base for visiting Paris. The hotel was entirely renovated in 2001. All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, tub and shower, mini-bar, in-room safe, cable television, Internet access, hairdryer and are soundproofed.

This is a 6-floor building built in a typical Haussmann style.

Both rooms and bathrooms are of a very good standard and well equipped. They are pleasantly decorated in warm colours and benefit from large windows which make them airy. Each room has a safe deposit box and a new air-conditioning system has been just recently installed (April 07).

The breakfast room is situated on the lower-ground floor of the hotel; it is simple in decor but cosy.

The lobby is medium in size and open plan with a small seating area. Neutral colours and stone walls give a bright atmosphere where guests are welcomed by a friendly staff.

1 minute walk to the nearest bus stop, 1 minute walk to the nearest metro station (mouton duvernet), 2 km to the nearest station (montparnasse), 2 kms to city centre, 26 kms to the airport (charles de gaulle), 3 km to the nearest fair site (porte de versailles), 9 kms to the airport (orly).

Best western le nouvel orleans Amenities

• Business Center
  • Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Cots
  • Vending Machines
  • Paid Parking

Check Paris Hotel Deals

Best western le nouvel orleans Map
Paris