Best western hotel villa mabapa

Average rate: $58 - Hotel class: 4 stars
Riviera San Nicolo 16, Venice, Italy

Best western hotel villa mabapa Rates and Deals

Best western hotel villa mabapa Venice Reviews

Vamirez Vamirez
Good but not exceptional Aug 12, 2014
I stayed at this Best Western Hotel during my recent trip to Venice. Its a good solid hotel, but I wouldn't say its exceptional. Thinking about it, I do not really have any complaints - but it also doesn't make me want to say: "Wow, that was a great hotel!"

Lets see - the staff was friendly, but they didn't go out of their way to be helpful. I got information when I asked about something specific, but they didn't offer it by themselves. For example, the hotel enables guests to use a complex at the beach and they offer a free tour to Murano. But when I checked in I was told nothing about that. I would have expected some kind of notice: "If you'd like to go to the beach... you can also ask us about trips/tours..." But maybe that's just me?

The advertised garden is nice, but is not as big as it sounds from their hotel description - you cannot really stroll around in it. Also between the main building and the building in the back there is an area to the left where cars are parked - doesn't look so nice.

My room was okay. It didn't have any view to speak of. The furniture was okay, the air conditioning was working fine and I must mention positively that the bed was really comfortable. Normally I have some trouble sleeping in beds other than my own - but this one I really liked and slept very well in. The bathroom and bathtub/shower were small but fine (water temperature was controllable ;)). The room was clean every afternoon/evening when I returned to it. So, as a base from where to explore Venice, it was perfectly okay. The hotel is supposed to have some exceptional rooms with vintage furniture in the main house and a nice view on the water. However, to get one of those you have to book them specifically and they are much more expensive. My small room cost me 100 Euros per night which was ok, but I've had better rooms/hotels elsewhere in the same price range.

The free WLAN included with the room was surprisingly fast. The procedure to connect to it was a little strange, but I found out how to do it. From time to time it was spotty or gone completely, but it was much better than in many other hotels I've been to, so this is a plus.

Breakfast was okay but nothing special. They have the usual buffet - you can have rolls, toast, bread, a type of croissants, different jams, nutella, ham, salami, small blocks of cheese (for a German the last three seem to be a very limited selection ;)), tomatoes, scrambled eggs (but no bacon etc.) or cereals. What's nice is to sit outside in the front of the hotel under the trees there.

Speaking of which, this was the area where lunch/dinner was also served. This was not included in the room price and was advertised as a good restaurant. I didn't actually eat there, but a few dishes that I saw looked good. In this location they also have a small bar where you can get drinks/snacks in the afternoon and evening. All in all, only a few guests seemed to use this. Its all nice, but it didn't make me want to sit there and enjoy - maybe if it had been fuller, I don't know. Maybe it had a slight air of faded luster ;)

The guests at the hotel were a complete mix, including young couples, families with small or grown kids as well as older folks. I couldn't really say that the place had a preferred clientele.

The location is fine as a spot to explore Venice from. You can get to the beach in a few minutes, and you can get to the water bus in a few minutes. The water bus stop could have been a bit closer, but the walk there along the water front was actually enjoyable (by the way, the hotel is directly at the water front).

So, this is it - even though most things were fine it leaves me with a feeling of three stars out of five - average :)

Best western hotel villa mabapa Overview

The Best Western Hotel Villa Mabapa Venice is situated on the lagoon. Guests will find that there are a number of attractions nearby, including Piazzale Santa Maria Elisabetta. The hotel also offers easy access to the San Marco Dock and the Rialto Bridge. The Best Western Hotel Villa Mabapa Venice is located only a short distance from the city’s transit stops. Public transportation, rental cars, and taxi cabs all offer easy access to the airport as well as to points of interest and attractions throughout the city.

Each of the 72 guestrooms at the Best Western Hotel Villa Mabapa Venice is air conditioned. All rooms offer Internet access and marble or tile bathrooms. The hotel is pet friendly and many rooms offer private balconies.

Guests will find many shopping and dining options near the hotel. There are two lounges located onsite, and the hotel also offers 3 onsite restaurants. There is a terrace located onsite that overlooks the garden, and the hotel offers a 24 hour front desk.

Best western hotel villa mabapa Amenities

• Business Center
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Self Laundry
  • Free Parking

Check Best western hotel villa mabapa Rates and Deals

Best western hotel villa mabapa Map
Venice