Best western hotel gulden anker

Average rate: $78 - Hotel class: 4 stars
Brusselsesteenweg 2, Mechelen, Belgium

Best western hotel gulden anker Rates and Deals

Best western hotel gulden anker Mechelen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice little hotel May 09, 2010
The Best Western Gulden Anker was yet another hotel that I stumbled into in Mechelen; I have done a few now. Sometimes when I am heading for Brussels I prefer to stay in this little city instead. Mechelen is not far from Brussels or the airport which I going for early the following day in order to get my flight to Managua.

The hotels in Mechelen are usually much calmer and all of them have had good ratio between quality and price.

I arrived pretty late driving from Denmark way too late. I had left Copenhagen at 1 pm and I was in Mechelen at 10 pm, which actually was not too bad for the distance of approximately 1000 km. I had not booked any hotels so I stopped just before Mechelen to check the availability in Mechelen by calling some of the hotels I knew there and I was surprised to find almost everything full. It turned out that the year catholic possession true the city was the following day, and it draws a quite large crowd.

It was my first time at this hotel and in the end I had let my GPS in the car pick out a hotel which I had not tried before. The Best Western Gulden Anker was situated on a quiet corner of the city; anyway at 10 pm on a Saturday evening. It is situated close to the train station and the old reminiscence of the city wall which I always found very attractive.

I parked just outside and entered what I found an old fashioned entrance and was greeted by a young sweet woman behind the counter. She was wonderful in her work; believe me I have stayed in some hotels by now; there was a German elderly woman in front of me and the way she handled her without making me wait too long was eminent.

I got a room on the ground floor with a king size bed; just what I needed after the drive. The hotel was old fashioned everywhere and the interior did match the surroundings. My room had a nice size and a view towards a calm street. The bed was large and hard which I like. There was a nice desk to work at! Forget it! I did not work this night.

The bathroom was okay, bright and in a fair size. I could have chosen a room with a tub but this time a shower was more than enough. There was a mini bar, some chairs to throw the clothes on; I was all in all pretty satisfied. The only thing could be remarked on the negative side was that I had to pay 13 euro for 24 hours of internet access, and 1 hour was 8 euro!

They had a small bar and a restaurant next the reception; it was too late to dine so I was satisfied with some beers from the bar. In the bar they had a good selection of the best beers from Mechelen and I settled with a Maneblusser from Carolus.

The breakfast next morning was good with a good selection; I was there early while the rest of the guests were sleeping. I checked out and the girl from the day before was back and ready for another day at the hotel while I was heading for Nicaragua.
My room
The bathroom
The room
The hall
Glynnes says:
I enjoyed reading your review and viewing the photos. Thanks,
Posted on: Jun 18, 2010

Best western hotel gulden anker Overview

If you are looking for quietness and relax, together with the best facilities and luxurious amenities in Mechelen, then the 4 star Best Western Hotel Gulden Anker in Mechelen is the perfect accommodation for a business or leisure stay in the Belgium's Antwerp province. Best Western Hotel Gulden Anker enjoys a strategic position in Mechelen, Belgium, close to the E19 Brussels - Antwerp exit, within 20 minutes of the Zaventem airport and within walking distance of the railway station. Enjoy a unique gastronomic experience in the stylishly furnished restaurant that offers both French and regional cuisine. Outstanding cuisine is served at the elegant hotel's restaurant, where a fine selection of menus is also available for functions, gala dinners and business luncheons. This 4 star Mechelen hotel offers a wonderful atmosphere, with charming interiors and a welcoming staff. On-site features are thoughtfully designed for guest comfort and include spacious and refined accommodations, an excellent restaurant and a conference centre with state-of-the-art office equipment.

Best western hotel gulden anker Amenities

• Room Service
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shoe Shine
  • Self Laundry
  • Free Parking

Check Best western hotel gulden anker Rates and Deals

Best western hotel gulden anker Map
photo by: Vlindeke