Best western crequi lyon part dieu

Average rate: $52 - Hotel class: 4 stars
37 rue de bonnel, Lyon, France

Best western crequi lyon part dieu Rates and Deals

Best western crequi lyon part dieu Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Not the Best of Best Western Jul 06, 2008
This Best Western hotel was not exactly what I expected. Lyon if fairly expensive and I chose this hotel on the basis of the price. For the value there it was a good choice, but the value ends there. The location is not really close to the center of things and it is a substantial walk, maybe 30-40 minutes to get to the main center. The taxi drivers to and from there are not much help either unless you have a map showing them exactly where it is. I suspect this is because it's a rather nondescript looking place and easy to overlook. There are some decent shops and restaurants nearby, but it's not much compensation as Lyon has many good shops and restaurants throughout the city.

My first impressions were what an odd layout it was. It looks small from the street, but there is a lobby inside that heads to an outside walkway where the rooms are located. In effect the lobby is actually separate from the building where the rooms are. This is ok if the weather is good, but as luck would have it, the weather was not so good when I arrived. I had to wait for the rain to subside a bit before making a dash to my room. My first impressions were that it smelled musty. It was also quite small and cramped inside. Other than that it seemed clean enough. I was in the room less than an hour when I heard something banging on the window, which turned out to be a hail storm. See the film I made of this event:

The storm lasted for some time and as the hail melted it seeped into the corridor near my room. The staff came shortly after that and asked if I needed another room. I decided it wasn't a big enough deal to repack and move. How often does it hail like that, right? It was nice of them to ask though. After resting for a bit, I thought better of it and went to the lobby where there was nobody to be found. I waited around for about 10 minutes then gave up on it. The staff in this hotel are a bit elusive I discovered in my stay here. I hardly saw them in the time I stayed here.

I can say the price was good, the bed decent and the bathroom clean, but the whole place had a musty smell and the staff were fairly elusive. Overall I cannot recommend this place. It's better to pay a little more for a nice intimate boutique hotel in the center where the service is better. I stopped in a nice one called Le Royal Hotel at 20 Place Bellecour that seemed like a really well run establishment. My advice is to investigate some places like this before taking a place just based on price. You get what you pay for. Sometimes a nicer hotel can enhance the overall experience. In this case the Best Western Hotel Crequi was not the Best of the Best Western experience for me.
Street view
spocklogic says:
So I did discover, Bernard. It is close to the LCL tower "The Pencil" and there is a large mall there which I had a look at. But generally, yes, there is not much to see or do in the area of this hotel. Your recommendations seem better advised.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2011
bernard69 says:
sorry for you,there is nothing to do and to see in this hotel area,the Best Western Perrache close to the station is much better,Royal 4* hotel(room 150-200 euro) is well situated Place Bellecour,in the heart of Lyon and offers a quite quiet, good and affordable restaurant managed by Bocuse school.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2011

Best western crequi lyon part dieu Overview

Located in the heart of the business district, the Best Western Crequi Part Dieu Hotel Lyon is adjacent to the famous “Pencil” (Tour du Credit Lyon) building in the Part-Dieu neighborhood. This places visitors within easy reach of the most popular and regularly visited districts of the city as well. The Cordeliers, Guillotière, and Vieux Lyon are all within very easy walking distance. The Presqu’ile area of the city, which is home to the finest dining, shopping, museums, and entertainment is also just a few minute’s walk from the hotel too. The Best Western Crequi Part Dieu Hotel Lyon is located at 37 Rue De Bonnel, and is 13.2 miles from the Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport.

All of the guestrooms in the Best Western Crequi Part Dieu Hotel Lyon offer soundproofing, climate controls, cable TV, personal safes, full-sized work desks, hair dryer, large bathrooms, high-speed Internet access, minibars and beverage stations, and room service.

The Best Western Crequi Part Dieu Hotel Lyon provides guests with such fine services and amenities as parking on the premises, laundry and dry cleaning, a currency exchange, banquet and meeting facilities, an in-house restaurant, pet friendly policies, a concierge desk, 24-hour front desk service, and a lounge with bar service.

Best western crequi lyon part dieu Amenities

• Business Center
  • Computer
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Cots
  • Family Room
  • Paid Parking
  • Doctor on call

Check Best western crequi lyon part dieu Rates and Deals

Best western crequi lyon part dieu Map
photo by: spocklogic