Best places to hang out during the day in Madrid
Best places to hang out during the day in Madrid Reviews
Jul 25, 2007
1) its summer time, dont cram into a sweaty bar, instead go to El Retiro,
an amazing park and for 5 euros you can even rent out a boat and sail away into the big pond type thing in the middle, there are stalls selling essential things such as candyfloss and its so immense you could walk around it for the whole day.
2) El Palacio Real has a nice courtyard bit and its only a short walk away from Sol and all the Tapas Bars your eyes could have ever wished for, Its also a good place to link up with like minded tourists.
3) El rastro in the morining to midday is a bustling market place selling absolutley everything (possibly stolen) you could ever wish for,
Just make sure you dont leave your wallet in your back pocket and zip your bags up, dirty pickpockets operate in the area and they are impresivley good at what they do, El rastro is only open on sunday and its close to cuatro caminos tube station,
4) If you fancy a little trip by train and want to experience some Spanish village life take a train up to Tarancon, a beutiful teeny village accesible from Atotcha train station,
5) If your feeling hungry why not head to chueca, there are some wierd andd wonderful restaurants there, but prepare to pay a fair bit. (also a very gay part of madrid)
6) why not go for a stroll down from Banco de españa tube station, to Sol, its majestic buildings give for lovely viewing.
7) Why dont you go get a Tattoo at one of the tattoo parlours off sol square :P ok im all out of ideas now... hope it helps x
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!