Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl

Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl Rates and Deals

Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel in the city centre, close to everything Jun 28, 2010
I have now over the last 6 months been staying at numerous hotels in the inner city of Stockholm and my aim was clearly to identify some good hotels to stay in for the summer months. I had narrowed my preferred hotel down to 4 – 5 hotels but I still didn’t feel that I was there yet; so my quest had to continue.

This week I decided to try the Best Western Premier Hotel Kung Carl, which is situated in the very centre of Stockholm in the area Stureplan, where you are close to the restaurants, bars, the financial district, shopping and sightseeing.

From outside the building looked nice; it was an around 100 year and evidently it had been refurbished into a building modern standards of comfort without losing its atmosphere. I felt this as soon as I entered the hotel. I first had to pass a small outdoor service in front of the hotel and the up the stairs to the reception. I hadn’t expected what I saw and I quiet liked it. The hotel was bigger than I had anticipated and there was an inner courtyard that gave a great light and openness to the place.

The staffs in the reception were nice and swift; I was given a room on the sixth floor which I liked; there is always a possibility of a good view and you are further away from the traffic noise. I went for the elevator and had to pass an open area with chairs, tables and a large flat screen and a small bar to the other side. All over people were sitting enjoying a coffee or a drink before heading out to the many restaurants and bars nearby.

As I entered my room I was quiet pleased. The room was large and there were a lot of lights coming in from the two double doors to the balcony. It was the largest room I had been given in my last 6 months travelling to Stockholm. The room was kept in a classic design; there were paintings and old fashion clocks on the wall. The bed was huge with the traditional teddy bears sitting on it. There was even a small red sofa with a little coffee table. The room was kept in Bordeaux’s dark red, blue and with light grey walls.

One of the best things was the large balcony facing the street and the square down below. It was truly nice to stand on it overlooking the area. The bathroom was quite large and a handicap one; not that I mind that but the toilet seat always feels a bit strange being so high above the floor and with arm supporters.

I felt truly comfortable in the room where there naturally also were a flat screen on the wall and a nice desk to work from. I changed clothes and went downstairs to the bar to get a beer before I had to meet fellow Travbuddy Bert in the other end of Stockholm. I had time for a cold beer in the bar and I choose a local Swedish draft one. The bar was small but nice and I was watching the build up for a Brazil came of the World Cup in football.

The breakfast was truly nice as well it was served in Kung Carl's Bakficka - the "Back Pocket" – in a cozy, rustic environment.
The nice room
The room
View towards the balcony
The entrance of the room
Glynnes says:
Nicely written and the photos are great. Thanks
Posted on: Jul 09, 2010

Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl Overview

This Stockholm hotel is located in the Stureplan area of the city. The Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl is adjacent to the financial district and 1.5 km from the Royal Palace. The Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl is approximately 30 minutes' drive from the airport, and 20 minutes from the main railway station.

The 112 rooms at the Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl are all individually designed in four main styles, with inspiration from Spanish and French style. Rooms include free wireless Internet access, television, and en suite bathrooms with hair dryers. The hotel has a mascot dog, Turbo, which is placed in each room as a toy. Handicapped rooms are available.

The Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl is a 19th century building that has been made over into a 4 star business and leisure property in 1977. Conference space is available. The on site restaurant is known as the Bakficka, and specializes in Nordic European fusion dishes. There is also a cocktail bar.

Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes