Best Western Premier Hotel Laurus

Check Florence Hotel Deals

Best Western Premier Hotel Laurus Florence Reviews

cavlizzy cavlizzy
Great Location! Clean, and AC!! Jun 03, 2011
Let me begin by saying we HAD to change hotels because the one we chose that had LOTs of charm did not have the same idea we had when it came to AIR CONDITIONING in August!! "blowing air" does not mean cold air. lol - So luckily the Laurus had a vacancy that would accommodate 2 adults and 2 small children.

The Laurus is part of the Best Western chain, that is how we located it.

The best part was the Laurus was only about 3 blocks from the Duomo! This hotel is located so well you can walk almost everywhere!! The few places you can't, they will hail you a taxi very quickly and off you go. Each time we had to return by taxi it was so simple because every taxi driver KNEW the Laurus. Sometimes names gets lost in translation, not this time. I believe that was due to location?

It also had a nice continental buffet with a view on the patio on a higher floor. There were not many tables, so getting there early was always a plus. We always begin early. The one day we slept till almost 9, the buffet area was very crowded.

The room was small in the sense you did not have much walking room around the bed. We did get a large bed that we all squeezed into! The bathroom was nice size for Italy. We were happy. Since we spend little time in the room, location and clean are biggies for us.

Yes, it has a TV, but not much in English... so this is not a big deal for us. We don't come to Italy to watch TV.

I would choose this hotel again easy based on location, clean, nice helpful staff, and AC. In my experience, you can't beat a European Best Western on Air Conditioning! :^)

** I found one more picture that shows how comfy my kids found the Laurus!! (or maybe we wore them out? not sure, ha ha)
Happen to find this one! and you c…
Best Western Hotel Laurus - Floren…
Very comfy at the Laurus Hotel in …
cavlizzy says:
sorry been gone awhile!! life can get busy like that.
On the price "Spock"... I don't remember exactly, but I am sure we paid around $200-300? But we never stayed in hotels that were not located well or had great AC! So that usually meant paying a bit more.
Posted on: Mar 31, 2013
huibdos says:
Thanx, booked it.
Posted on: Oct 08, 2012
spocklogic says:
I enjoyed this hotel as well (see my review here). Was it very expensive when you stayed there in June, 2011? It was a little pricey during my stay in September, 2007.
Posted on: Apr 20, 2012
spocklogic spocklog…
Good find in Florence Sep 15, 2007
I was in Florence for a scientific meeting and went hunting for something within walking distance of the conference venue. Located on Via Cerretani, this place was very close to what I was looking for. I did think the hotel seemed a bit expensive, especially for September when I stayed there, but Florence tends to be a bit expensive for centrally located hotels anyway. It was not a big problem for me as my per diem more than covered it. Still, it's something to consider.

The rooms are quite a bit smaller than they look on the hotel web page, which was a bit of a surprise, and there is just enough room to get around the bed on either side. Nevertheless, the room is clean and looked modern enough with all the comforts you expect in such a style of hotel. The AC was comforting and worked well too as it was a bit warm outside. The staff are very nice and helpful to make your stay a pleasant one.

A nice bonus for this hotel it that it is very centrally located, just down the street in fact, a couple minutes walk from the Duomo. The hotel has an upper level restaurant with a terrace that has some very nice views of the Duomo and Campanile. Like the rooms, this area is quite small as well, but very pleasant. There are plenty of excellent restaurants and shops very near the hotel. All in all, a good find in Florence. I would have given it 5 stars, but downgraded a bit because of the cost vs. the smallish sized rooms. Otherwise, very nice hotel with a great location!
Street View
Entrance
Room
Bathroom
spocklogic says:
Thank you, Rob. It's about as central as you can get and the views of the Duomo are great here!
Posted on: Apr 20, 2012
robzvoice says:
Great review and pics, Brian!
Posted on: Apr 19, 2012

Best Western Premier Hotel Laurus Overview

Situated in Florence, Italy, the Best Western Premier Hotel Laurus Florence is just within walking distance to a number of tourist attractions. It is also convenient to shopping streets, historical sites, and train stations. The Florence airport is just five kilometers away from the hotel.

The Best Western Premier Hotel Laurus Florence offers 50 guestrooms that are equipped with contemporary amenities. These include air conditioners, in-room safes, bath tubs, television units, and showers. Room service is offered.

The Best Western Premier Hotel Laurus Florence offers in-house amenities and facilities that make guests' stay more convenient. Guests can dine at the on-site restaurant or hang out at the cocktail lounge.

Best Western Premier Hotel Laurus Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower