Best Western Plus Taft Inn

Check Taft Hotel Deals

Best Western Plus Taft Inn Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
sparkling new! Apr 10, 2017
The hotel location is easy to find and in quiet surroundings.

Fast-food restaurants, as well as family owned, are nearby. Grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations, banks, ATMs are an only five-minute walking distance from/to the hotel. Just opposite side of the hotel is an "open-air" museum showcasing the town's history and primary source of income, which is oil production. The park just next to the hotel is a plus especially for those families with small children. The kids may move around freely in the park.

Best Western Taft Inn is newly built. So, expect everything to be new as well. The furniture, fixture, appliances, beds, sheets, pillows, towels, shower curtain, carpets, etc. are all new and modern. I especially liked their bed skirt, a linen material, and tailored handsomely. The window has double curtains so, it was not too glaringly bright in the morning.

The room itself and the bathroom are immaculately clean. There are toiletries immediate for use. It is unlikely for hotels to enclose a broad and spacious shower area and tub in a hotel. So, thumbs up for BW Plus for doing so! The pressure for hot water was intense.

There is a gym, and all gadgets are new too! There is a swimming pool, but I did not check on that.

Wifi is lightning speed! The hubby was able to go online for his class without any interruption nor any internet glitch.

There are more than enough electrical outlets for those families whose each member has a device to recharge.

In my opinion, the parking lot is not sufficient, especially, if an enormous number of guests flocks the area.

The check-in process handled by the friendly front desk staff was fast and efficient. The receptionist briefly mentioned the checkout and breakfast hours but in a gentle manner. And before I left, the staff handed four bottles of water -- "on the house," he said.

Breakfast is inclusive. Nothing fancy but enough to sustain the belly 'till lunch time. The breakfast hall is very spacious. The kitchen staff kept bringing food to the serving trays.

The hotel has a little convenient store. Although, they did not have the one item I needed so badly. Maybe they just ran out.

The lobby looks inviting and homey. One decor grabbed my attention.

The management does allow food delivery door-to-door. We had our order of pizza from Dominos delivered to our room.

We enjoyed our stay, and if we head that way again, we will not hesitate to book a room with BWPlus Taft Inn.

Btw, the hotel is about 35 miles away from/to Carrizo Plain National Monument -- the closest accommodation there is in the area. ~
I liked this body pillow!
jeminigirl says:
Hey May, I think I missed a feature =( Congrats =)
Posted on: Apr 21, 2017
BASAIC says:
RE: Your comment to Holger about the number of photos on a hotel review. Many of us VT ex-pats only have up to 5 photos for a review because that was all we could post on VT.
Posted on: Apr 20, 2017
cotton_foam says:
Holger: I think it is TravBuddy culture to enclosed more than 3 or 5 photos especially for a hotel review. :)) I personally like reviews that have lots of photos!
Posted on: Apr 19, 2017