Best Western Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel

Best Western Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel Rates and Deals

Best Western Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Great place to sleep and shop! Jul 22, 2011
Initially, I was going to stay at an Embassy Suites with my relatives during my family reunion, but there were no rooms left when I tried to reserve a room. So while looking online, I came across this deal on SniqueAway in my e-mail for the Florida Hotel. It was only about 10 minutes away from where my family was staying, the price was about $100 per night, and the pictures on its website looked good. So I figured, why not?

I arrived at the hotel and was immediately impressed by its towering presence! It was a huge hotel with valets outside to park your car if you wanted. I found a space for myself and checked in.

I think I'll write this review a little differently and just write out the pros and cons. I'll say up front though that the pros definitely outweighed the cons at this place. :)

Pros:

1) The hotel was connected to The Florida Mall, a huge indoor mall with just about any store you can think of. While I didn't come to the area to shop, if I had, this would be an ideal place to stay. :)

2) Nice, big, clean room with a nice, big clean bed! Emphasis on the bed - it was incredibly comfortable. The room was also very quiet, and the A/C blew cold, just the way I like it.

3) The hotel was about a 10 minute drive to International Drive, one of the main shopping/entertainment streets in the Orlando area, and about another 5 minutes beyond that to Universal Studios. Some people might see that distance as a bad thing, especially since there are many other hotels closer to that area than mine was, but for the price and comfort I got, it was no big deal at all.

Cons:

1) The parking was somewhat of an issue, and this is important because you need to have a car to get around (unless you have money for taxis, or you're staying at a theme park resort that offers shuttles to different places). Hotel guests shared parking with mall guests, unless you valet parked. I do wish that the hotel could've had its own parking area.

2) The TV was strange to operate. I had to hold down the power button for a few seconds to get it to turn on, and it took me a while to figure it out. The TV itself was a flat screen and mounted on the wall, which was nice.

3) I had some difficulty finding the ice machine. It was journey in itself just to get some cubes in my bucket! lol

Honestly, the cons were small. The staff was polite and helpful when I needed them. I actually tried to book a couple of extra nights at the hotel once I learned that some of my family members were staying in town a little longer, but the hotel was all booked up and couldn't accommodate me. Which is too bad. I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel, and I will certainly consider it whenever I return to Orlando. :)
Very big hotel :)
I really miss this bed :(

Best Western Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel Overview

The Best Western Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel is a convenient venue to stay for both business and leisure.

The Best Western Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel offers budget accommodation, rooms with plasma / LCD TV and free Wi-Fi. The fitness room is equipped with a stationary bike, a treadmill and a stair stepper. Front desk staff are on hand to assist you with any additional requirements you may have. In addition to a laundry service and a dry cleaning service, the hotel also offers a ticket service and self laundry.

Under 10 minutes drive away are some great places of interest such as the Phillips Crossing, SeaWorld Orlando and Shingle Creek Golf Club, and conveniently there is complimentary parking on site at the Best Western Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel should you require it. Universal Studios Florida can be reached with a 20 minute drive. Kissimmee Gateway Airport (ISM) is a 30 minute drive from the hotel. Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum, Discovery Cove and Orange County Convention Center are five minutes away by car.

Best Western Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower