Best Western Plus Flowers Hotel (The hotel bar)

Anestiade Street 7, Chisinau, Moldova
Best Western Plus Flowers Hotel (The hotel bar)  - My ice wine
Best Western Plus Flowers Hotel (The hotel bar)  - Dimitri and Marina behind the wine and the counter
Best Western Plus Flowers Hotel (The hotel bar)  - Dinitri and the wine together with another hotel employee
Best Western Plus Flowers Hotel (The hotel bar)  - Deco in the bar

Best Western Plus Flowers Hotel (The hotel bar) Chisinau Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Friendly staff and nice service Dec 27, 2013
The second evening of my stay at the hotel I went down to the reception and asked about the restaurant and I was told that the restaurant was closed due to the staffs Christmas party. I was naturally puzzled but that’s how things go. I thought twice about going up getting my clothes and going to the restaurant the receptionist recommended but I decided to go into the hotel bar and get a beer. I ordered a local Moldovan beer and relaxed looking at the activities in the bar. I started to chat with the head barman Dimitri. He had been working all over Europe and spoke very good English. They had a very busy evening, because they were also feeding their employee party.

After having finished my beer I spotted a blue wine bottle on the top shelf and asked Dimitri what it was, it turned out that it was a Moldovan Icewine. The wine looked like a centerpiece in the way it was displayed. The bottle was only 0,5 liter and the price was only 35 euro, so I decided to go for it. I had no idea when I would be able to taste an icewine from this area again. The moment I said I wanted it all kinds of action started in the bar. Dimitri asked the waitress Marina to fetch a huge bucket of ice and a lot of salt because they needed to cool down the bottle as fast as possible, because the bottle was warm and it could not be served to me like it was standing there. This was a moment when they would present their wine from their best angle.

By using salt and ice they manage to get the wine cold very fast and the wine served to me in a special glass for the wine. The wine tasted wonderful, it was truly fat and sweet and I am a sucker for sweet wine. At one point I saw some food served for some of the other customers and I asked if could get any food there, and my new friend Dimitri said naturally to my surprise, because I had understood that the kitchen was closed. I ordered a spaghetti di mare and it arrived after 25 minutes and it tasted fabulous. I stayed in the bar until they closed and thanked the staff for giving me a joyful evening.
My ice wine
Dinitri and the wine together with…
Deco in the bar
Dimitri and Marina behind the wine…
rsvpme says: