Best Western PLUS President Hotel at Times Square

Best Western PLUS President Hotel at Times Square Rates and Deals

Best Western PLUS President Hotel at Times Square New York Reviews

jenn79 jenn79
Modern, tiny, and so-so staff Jan 20, 2010
I found a discount on that allowed me to get a last minute room at the Best Western President hotel for about $215 a night over weekdays. I believe this is something like a $50 discount. If the adage says "you get what you pay for" I'm not sure where mine went.

The hotel is very colorful, flashy and modern. I was greeted by tour buses parked outside the hotel full of Italian tourists. Every night that I was there was the same story, so they must have some deal with a tour group. The front desk lady was uppity and curt, and would not let me check in until 3pm.

When I finally got to the room, it was so small there isn't space to walk around the bed, and half the desk was occupied by this ridiculous lamp in the shape of George Washington's bust. The bathroom is a tiny thing with only a curtain shower. There literally wasn't enough floor space to fit 2 pieces of luggage without blocking what little space was left to walk. Welcome to New York, right?

On the plus side, the bed is awesome, it's very clean, and there's free wireless internet, but you have to call down for the password. Also, if you want to see a Broadway show, this is absolutely the place to be, there are about 5 theatres on the same block as this hotel.

Pics coming soon.
cecilgrass says:
Sound like a mixed bag. I stay in NYC frequently on business and of all of the Times Square hotels I've stayed at, the Intercontinental is my personal favorite. Might be worth checking out next time you're in town.
Posted on: Sep 15, 2010
weARYtraveler weARYtra…
reasonable accomodation Sep 04, 2009
the President offers very small standard rooms with nice size bed. a small clean bathroom and a flat screen tv on the wall. airconditioning is a bit unfavorable....not cool at all. lobby is a bit shabby with one desktop internet for guests.

overall the hotel is adequate for emergncy accomodation
joelennon joelennon
Apr 05, 2007
I've stayed in the Best Western Presidential hotel in New York twice last year. The first time I stayed there I was in a group of 4. I'm not sure how much exactly the room cost, but I remember it being a little less than $50 per person per night. This wasn't bad, considering we had a 30 second walk to Times Square! The room was comfortable and spacious enough. The bathroom was a bit tight, but this wasn't too much of an issue for us. There was 1 full sized bed and 1 sofa bed, so the room had plenty of room for 4 people.

The second time I stayed with my girlfriend, and this time the room was around standard sized, if a little smaller than a typical hotel room. The cost was a bit more expensive this time, I think it was just under $300 for two nights for the room. The bed was once again comfy and it had all the usual facilities, but had no air conditioning! This didn't go down too well in the middle of July, and the enormous fan they had in the room was doing nothing but blowing around hot air! Mind you, we were used to not having A/C, but it would have been awful if you weren't!

The staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly. They stored our bags securely after check out so we could shop and explore for the day, and hailed taxis for us whenever we needed them.

I would highly recommend this hotel due to its excellent location and good standards. However, I would insist at the time of booking that you are guaranteed a room with A/C, especially in summer months!

Best Western PLUS President Hotel at Times Square Overview

Set in the heart of Broadway, the Best Western President Hotel in New York is the ideal location for travelers who have come to enjoy the entertainment district, Fifth Avenue shopping and the many special events of the Jacob Javits Convention Center. Business travelers will benefit from the Midtown location as well with its proximity to the Diamond District and Grand Central Station.

The Best Western President Hotel is located at 234 West 48th Street and is only a short distance from Grand Central Station, Port Authority and Penn Station as well.

There are more than three hundred guest rooms and suites in the Best Western President Hotel, including several penthouses intended for the use of either leisure or long-term business guests.

A comprehensive array of amenities and services are available to guests at the Best Western President Hotel, including a business center, high speed internet access, in-room safes and two restaurants providing either an elegant or a more casual dining experience.

Best Western PLUS President Hotel at Times Square Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower