Best Western Opera St. Lazare

Best Western Opera St. Lazare Rates and Deals

Best Western Opera St. Lazare Paris Reviews

HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
Nice hotel in a conveninet location Sep 07, 2009
I had strategically planned a night in a hotel in Paris because I had never stayed in hostels before, and if I was totally uncomfortable I wanted to allow myself a nice break from hosteling in the middle of my trip.

This hotel is in a pretty nice location being a short walk from the Paris Opera and St. Lazare station. I took advantage of this proximity to visit the Opera before heading to Gare du Nord to catch the train to Brussels. It is just a short walk to 2 Metro stations so the entire city is at your doorstep.

The hotel itself is nice, but I can tell it's in an older building. I was in room 355, I think, and I followed the directions from reception to the elevator and took it to the 3rd floor. The elevator was tiny, so tiny that I wasn't sure if I'd fit inside it with my backpack on. I had to turn sideways to make sure I was in. Once I got to the 3rd floor I was utterly confused when I couldn't find my room. Turns out I not only had to take the elevator to the 3rd floor but I also had to walk up a few flights of stairs. Or maybe I could've just taken the elevator to the 5th floor, hard to tell. Either way, it was a bit confusing.

The room was spacious and had a double bed that was really just 2 single beds pushed together. It had a nice flat-screen TV a clean bathroom and I think it had free WiFi, but when you stay in as many places as I did over 2 weeks you can sometimes lose track of which places did and which didn't.

The hotel does offer breakfast in the morning, but I did not take advantage of this opportunity. I much preferred to swing by a patisserie for something else.

Check Best Western Opera St. Lazare Rates and Deals