Best Western Kampen Apartment Hotel

Best Western Kampen Apartment Hotel Rates and Deals

Best Western Kampen Apartment Hotel Oslo Reviews

EmmaRV EmmaRV
Cheap (for Oslo!) - you get what you pay for Oct 14, 2014
I stayed here for 8 days in May 2014.

- Staff: Great staff, friendly and helpful. Had a couple of ranging issues with our apartment (e.g, door broken, not enough toilet roll, etc) and they were always quick to help.

- Facilities: The common (shared) area in my apartment was well equipped with a fridge, oven and microwave plus plenty of cutlery and crockery. There was a large dining table and TV in the same area as the kitchen, plus some very comfy sofas on an upper (more private) level. There is 1 bathroom with toilet and shower and a separate WC. Everything looked new and well looked after. There was wifi available for 60NOK per 24 hours which I purchased and was very happy with the connection.

- Cleanliness: When I arrived, the apartment was clean and well kept. The bathroom and WC were always kept very clean.

- Comfort: The beds were surprisingly comfy, though I have a preference towards firm mattresses so it may not be to everyone's liking!

- Value for money: Considering it's Oslo, this was one of the cheapest places I could find, though it was still pretty expensive! Can't really complain though.

- Location: Very close to a metro station (Tøyen, just a 5 minute ride to Oslo S), or just 30 minutes walk to Karl Johans Gate and other main attractions of Oslo. Just to the right of the hotel is a petrol station with a small 7-Eleven with some basic necessities, or there are also larger Rimi and Kiwi shops nearby.

- Facilities: Just a couple of qualms. No washing up liquid or sponges to wash the dishes. Possibly me being an idiot but I slipped in the shower and consequently bruised my nose and knee! Be careful on the tiled floor! Also, when booking the room I was told it would be my room and 2 other rooms maximum - when I arrived, there were 5 rooms in total! With 2 people per room, that makes for a lot of people squabbling over the use of the facilities.

- Cleanliness: Housekeeping is not included in the room price, and it's 100NOK for your room to be cleaned and linens changed. There never seemed to be enough toilet rolls - as mentioned above, 10 people in the apartment means 1 roll replaced per day went very quickly!

- Comfort: Though there was a heater in the room for those usual cold Norwegian nights (and days too, I guess!), it was actually very warm and humid when I stayed, and this really wasn't catered for in the rooms. Leaving a window open is not the best idea because my window opened onto Kjølbergata, which is a busy street at rush hour, plus the hotel is close to a police station so there are a lot of sirens!

- Value for money: Ok, this point is relative, and depends how you evaluate it. Oslo IS an expensive city, there's no escaping that, but this did seem pretty damn expensive for a hostel.

- Location: Not the best area of Oslo, though common sense (as in any capital city) should see to it that you get around safely. There is a police station nearby, so be prepared for more sirens than you may be used to.
mebet mebet
On the lower cost side but in questionable area Jun 09, 2012
This hotel is located in a somewhat questionable area of Oslo. Loud street kids, a seedy feel in the surrounding area and even in the hotel. At night got loud with all the people "hanging" and the 7-11 next door. The 2 steel double doors and blue "Thai Massage" lighting made hotel feel questionable. Oslo is expensive, this was on the lower cost end and two metro stops away from city center (although not walkable.) If you have luggage, will have to carry up/down metro steps - no elevators.
tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Good price for an apartment in Oslo Aug 18, 2011
I have to say that is not the greatest apartment I have been to but it is ok. For 123€ is not a bad option considering how expensive hotels are in the city. It is located in Gronland, which is the immigrants neighborhood.

From the hotel to the Sentralstasion it took us around 20 minutes, which is not that bad. Anyhow there is algo a metro stop very near the hotel, and also a bus stop. The place looks good and the service is perfect.

I cannot say the same about the apartment. More than a apartment is a fish-can :) It is so tiny I don´t even understand whey the call it apartment. Well, yes, there is a smal kitchen but that is not enough to call it "apartment" :) With that exception, the apartment (room) has everything you need (TV, DVD, microwaves, small refrigerator..). If you open the window you also have access to a patio where you can sit and have lunch or dinner! Inside the apartment is impossible, as there is no room for that.

The bathroom is ok if you compare it to the rest of the apartment.

Dinner was quite good, although they don´t serve everthing they have in the menu. Actually I believe they had some shortage of some kind in the kitchen, as there was only one person working today. But I have to say that the wine was the best we had tonight. If you end up in the hostel order Reserva Do Paco from Portugal! ;) We had a caesar salad, pasta with vegetables, a bottle of wine and a fanta orange for 58€.

I am attaching some photos so you see how tiny it is :)

Check Best Western Kampen Apartment Hotel Rates and Deals