Best Western Hotel Terminus Stockholm

Best Western Hotel Terminus Stockholm Rates and Deals

Best Western Hotel Terminus Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Next to the Central Station Oct 18, 2010
I was back in Stockholm city centre and I had booked a hotel that I had not tried before. The Hotel Terminus was an old Best Western hotel situated just next to Stockholm Central Station. I had stayed in almost all hotels in the area so I was quite familiar with the area. The hotel entrance is quite small and you hardly see due to the cafés and restaurants surrounding the entrance.

The reception is to the left of the entrance and two receptionists were ready to help me at my arrival. I was given a room on the 6th floor and there were only two small and old elevators to choose from. The one I took was a small 3 person elevator where I hardly could imagine 3 persons and their suitcases being able to be there.

The room was small and with dark wood on the floor which didn’t make the room look larger. I was on the top floor so I had a leaning wall towards the street. The bed was a small single bed also built in dark hardwood and it reminded me in the design of a kid bed or a bed in and old wood boat. The paintings on the walls were all related to the maritime theme and the hardwood was underlining the design. There was a small desk under the window where they also had managed to put a small TV at the end of the bed. There was also an old blue chair in the room so it felt quite stuffy in there.

The bathroom was small and kept in some ugly blue tiles that probably were popular in the early 70s. It was not a hotel room that you would enjoy to stay in for more than the night. I quickly unpacked and decided to go downstairs again to find something to eat.

Down in the reception there was an entrance into the hotel restaurant named Restaurant Kasper’s. The restaurant was quite full and it was a mix of a pub and a restaurant and the talks were lively and the atmosphere was really nice. I made my order and enjoyed the food there and given the comfort of my room I was not in a hurry to get back to my room. After 1½ - 2 hours I went back to my little prison and went to bed; it was raining outside so I didn’t feel for a walk either.

Next morning I went downstairs for the breakfast that was served in a room opposite of the restaurant. You had to use your room key in order to get in there, but once in there it was quite nice. The breakfast area was full and most of the people there were tourist and not businessmen. Their breakfast was good and I enjoyed reading a newspaper and my breakfast.

I checked out and saw a huge queue for the taxis at the Central Station; it was still raining, so I ordered a taxi from the reception. They said it would be there in 10 minutes but after 20 minutes I gave up and cancelled the taxi and crossed the street and took a taxi there.

All in all; the hotel was okay but I would have preferred a larger room. It reminded me of my first room I had as a kid long time ago.
travelfan1963 travelfa…
A Convenient Location in Stockholm Nov 21, 2009
Location, location, location. When traveling in Stockholm, the Best Western Hotel Terminus has a great central location directly across the street from the Central Station. If you are traveling to Stockholm either by train or via rail from the airport, the Best Western Hotel Terminus is a welcome rest after a long international flight. Big windows in the lobby with bright red lampshades are a welcome sight following a many-houred journey. This hotel is just a ten minute walk from Gamla Stan ("Old Town")and sits just over the T-Bana (Metro) Central Station, where all three subway lines intersect.

The rooms at this hotel are comfortable and simply furnished, but all the amenities are there. While I visited in November and it was cold and damp outside, the radiators in my room kept the temperature warm and toasty. My room included a comfortable chair for reading, a hard wood floor, a decent bed (although the mattress was a little old) and a spotlessly clean bathroom. The hotel is generally quiet and I could only hear the occasionally faint sound of a train.

Breakfast is included in the price and if something is included in Sweden, you will want to take advantage, due to the high cost of living. The breakfast buffet included many options including cereal, meats, cheese, deliciously fresh bread, fruits, eggs or sausage. I had to laugh that as the cafe is on the ground floor, I could hear the occasional rattle of coffee cups at the buffet as the T-bana is just below the hotel.

Next door to the hotel is the Kasper Restaurant for visitors who want a sit-down meal, with main courses priced in the SKR 150 - 250 range. As the Central Station is directly across the street, however, there are cheap dining options as several fast food choices are available in the station.

The hotel also includes a sauna for those guests trying to stay warm in the cold Swedish weather.

My room was not cheap but I was using Best Western points for some complimentary nights. However, I suspect the price I was paying was moderate for Stockholm as most of the hotels in the area were nearly double the price and it was a good sign that most of the guests were Swedish. I paid roughly SKR 1,370 per night during the off season.

Staff at this hotel is very helpful and efficient.

I would recommend this hotel as the location is outstanding and the rooms are spotlessly clean. Just be aware that nothing in Stockholm is cheap and I experienced "sticker price shock" with pretty much everything, including the cost of hotels.
Lots of lighting fixtures in the r…
Comfortable reading chair

Best Western Hotel Terminus Stockholm Overview

Set in the centre of Stockholm, the Best Western Hotel Terminus Stockholm is within a 10 minute walk from Hotorget, Kulturhuset and Stockholm City Hall. This 4-star hotel is close to everything Stockholm has to offer.

For the comfort of guests, the Best Western Hotel Terminus Stockholm offers non-smoking rooms. Guests can enjoy the hotel's spa facilities, including a sauna and a jacuzzi. Facilities include a laundry service, a safe-deposit box and a dry cleaning service. A business centre, meeting rooms and conference room(s) are also available to guests.

If you're travelling with a family in tow, the Best Western Hotel Terminus Stockholm offers spacious rooms geared towards the requirements of families and kids. Free wireless internet is available. Also available are a TV, tea and coffee making facilities and cable / satellite channels.

Best Western Hotel Terminus Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Desk
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower