Best Western Hotel, Old Salata, Doha, Qatar

Check Doha Hotel Deals

Best Western Hotel, Old Salata, Doha, Qatar Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great hotel Jan 19, 2012
I arrived in Doha must faster than I had anticipated; the flight went really fast and after just under 5 hours we landed in Doha International Airport. In the airport arrival I sat down and tried to figure out if the hotel had an airport shuttle but even though I called the hotel I had some difficulties and understanding the woman from the hotel, so I decided to take a taxi. The area of the hotel didn't look too interesting but I could see that magnificent skyline of Doha just before we entered the Best Western Hotel.

The entrance of the hotel was quite empty when I arrived; the interior of the hall was quite traditional with marble everywhere and a coffee bar in the corner, the reception was quite large and a guy was standing there ready to serve me. He quickly found my room that was on the 10th floor and I hurried up to leave my stuff and go for a walk.

The room was great in all perspectives, as I opened that door I looked in to a room that was more than 45 square meters. Just inside the door there were a small kitchen area with and fridge and Nespresso coffee machine. To the left there were a small desk with fresh fruit and on the wall there was a huge flat screen. Next to the desk I had a sofa group and on the table there was a welcoming letter stating that I had made a pearl class booking, something I could not remember. At the end of the room there was a great looking king size bed which I liked a lot. The bathroom was nice and quite large with both shower section and tub. I really liked the room.

The first thing I did was to sit in the sofa and just relax with the feet on the sofa table; I checked out if the Wi-Fi was working and it did. Then I opened the letter while I enjoyed some of the fruit that I had been given. The strawberries and the grapes were great and even though I was a bit tired I just enjoyed the situation. The letter stated all the services that was included in the pearl booking and one of the points was free snacks at the Pearl lounge on the 10th floor. As I was staying at the 10th floor I decided to have a look at it.

The lounge was almost next-door to my room and when I entered the room I was greeted by two smiling Indian women and at least one of them was working there. The snacks were nothing special so I settled with a Sprite and looked at the view. I was the only one in the lounge and I found it very boring so I left straight away and went for my camera in the room and decided to go for a walk in the neighborhood.

After my walk I was back at the hotel; I had looked for some place to eat while I had been out walking but the only places that I had found were hotel restaurant and then I could might as well eat at the one in the hotel where I was staying and so I did.

The hotel restaurant was on the first floor and there were not many customers there, but I also arrived pretty late. There was a huge buffet with Persian food it looked delicious but I was not that hungry at all, so I went for a Nasi Goreng. I had hoped for a cold beer but the hotel was a non-alcoholic one so I went for some water and a pineapple juice. The meal was great and huge; I was not even able to finish it all.

After dinner I went up to my room to get some rest and sleep, I had to get up early for my Hong Kong the following morning. At my room I tried to book a taxi or a shuttle to the airport but I was not really sure what happen because the communication that didn't work from the airport had not improved from the hotel. I could simply not understand what the woman concluded in the phone; I had to see next morning what would be the result. I was aiming for a taxi around 6 am.

When I came down to the reception the following morning I was number 3 in line. It turned out that I had booked myself on the same shuttle as the other two guys and at 6 am. The little Toyota buss arrived as scheduled and we jumped in to the small van. The ride to the airport was short and free.
My bed