Best Western Golden Spike Inn & Restaurant

Hill City, South Dakota

Best Western Golden Spike Inn & Restaurant Hill City Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Jul 16, 2006
Just up the street from our hotel was this really nice place with a very attractive restaurant and gift shop. We saw the buffet sign outside but when we got inside and walked past the buffet we change our minds. Nothing really sprang out and wolluped us up-side the head.

The regular menu seemed better to us. But now that we think back neither my wife or I can remember just exactly what we ate. We do remember that I suggested something a little lighter than usual so save room for a small dessert.

I had seen the ice creams in a nice display as we came in and knew I had to save room for at least one scoop of Cinnamon Vanilla Ice Cream.

When they brought our single scoops of ice cream they must have been nearly a pint each.  But, oh my gosh, it was good. I had never experienced Cinnamon Vanilla before.

If I had been only rating the ice cream this place would have gotten a 5 star easy. But because we couldn't remember what we ate for dinner we only rate it a 4 star.
X_Drive says:
Okay, after thinking it over (and still not remembering the meal) I've decided to change the rating from a 3 to a 4 star.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2006
travelman727 says:
Hey, don't penalize the restuarant because of your bad memory! If they can cook up great ice cream, what more do you need? :)
Posted on: Aug 07, 2006