Best Western Burns Hotel

Best Western Burns Hotel Rates and Deals

Best Western Burns Hotel London Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Good deal in London Mar 08, 2012
Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington is located conveniently close to Earls Court tube station. The tube station is only 3 minutes walk away. If you arrive at Heathrow airport take the Piccadilly line to Earl´s Court. Last time it took only 30 minutes from the airport.

I have stayed at the Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington twice and both times have been pleasant. Both times I arrived around 2 pm and was able to check in right away. The reception staff has always been very friendly and helpful. On my latest stay the receptionist welcomed me and said “you have stayed with us before”. It felt good to be recognized in a big city like London.

I booked a single room both times. The rooms are small, but not cramped. They have a comfortable single bed, plenty of lights, several mirrors, wardrobe, desk, flat screen television and a kettle. There was an electronic safe in the room which you can use for £2 pr day. WI-FI is free, but has not work when I´ve been there. At Christmas they could not fix it because of the holiday. Why it did not work this time, I have no clue. Don´t know what the deal was. If you don´t bring your own laptop, there is a computer in the reception area. It charged £1 or €1 for 20 minutes. The only very irritating thing about the rooms were the squeaking floorboards. The rooms are carpeted, but they definitely have old wooden floors underneath. The room was very warm. Even with the heating off and window open, it was impossible to get it cool. If you like to sleep in a cool place, this is not the hotel to stay in the summer since there is no AC.

The bathroom was small too and a bit old-fashioned, but very clean. Equipped with a bathtub, shower, fluffy towels and some amenities, I could not ask for more. The size was convenient enough for my three-night stay.

There was a restaurant and a bar in the basement. At Christmas the kitchen was closed so no dinner, but breakfast was good. A nice variety of cold cuts, cereal, fruit, jam and bread. They even had soya milk. English breakfast can also be ordered. If you don´t have breakfast included the charge for continental breakfast was £6,50 and £9,50 for English breakfast. On my first stay I paid £53 with English breakfast included and on my second stay I paid £65 without any breakfast. I guess the price and what it includes depends on how busy they are.

I can highly recommend Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington. The restaurant staff, maids and receptionists were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay there again.
Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington
The lounge
Internet
The bar
sarahsan says:
No CJ, I´m not. Have never stayed at any Best Western hotel before. I liked the location and specially the price, so I will be using them when I can.
Posted on: Apr 08, 2012
ccjbeachbum says:
are you a best western girl ? rewards ?
Posted on: Apr 08, 2012
sarahsan says:
Glad it was useful to you Violetta. I´m going back to London next week. This hotel was full, so I had to book a different one. Will let you know how it is. Price is £53 there too.
Posted on: Mar 17, 2012
Dachstein Dachstein
Friendly hotel in a nice area. May 27, 2011
London's expensive, so my stay wasn't cheap, but overall I was happy with the Burns Hotel. It's in a good location, near the Earl's Court metro station.

When I first arrived I asked to purchase a discounted day pass to the gym down the street, as their website says they offer, but was told "we don't have any more." Not cool, since that was one of the reasons I decided to stay here. I let the desk clerk know I wasn't pleased and a few hours later the manager came up to my room and gave me a *free* pass to the gym.

The room was small but comfortable. The bathroom was much better than in my hotel in Paris. My only complaint was the floor was very creaky, which got annoying.

Breakfast was good, but not free. I left early in the morning on my last day, before breakfast service began, and the breakfast lady gave me a to-go bag with a coffee. I'd definitely stay there again.

Best Western Burns Hotel Overview

This peaceful residential area provides visitors with a welcome resting place after a day of touring the local attractions. Near the West End and shopping in Knightsbridge, as well as Earl’s Court and Olympia, the Best Western Burns lends easy access to a variety of activities.

Best Western Burns Hotel is a mere 16 miles from London Heathrow Airport, easily reached via the Heathrow Express train. The property is located just opposite Earl’s Court Exhibition Centre and 500 meters from Earl’s Court Tube Station.

All 104 bedrooms offer ensuite bathrooms, in addition to light oak furniture accenting blue and white décor. Satellite television and WiFi access are also available.

Visitors to the Best Western Burns Hotel frequently visit the nearby Royal Albert Hall, Natural History Museum, and Kensington Place – the former home of Princess Diana. The property’s onsite Ellen Terry Bar, named after the Victorian actress, and Patio Restaurant provide plenty of options for food and drink.

Best Western Burns Hotel Amenities

• Garden
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower