Best Of Thessaloniki

Thessaloniki, Greece

Best Of Thessaloniki Reviews

HannahGreenlee HannahGr…
The beaches outside of the city Jul 02, 2008
By chance, I found myself on a beach a bus ride from Thessaloniki. The journey had been successful purely by chance- from the bus terminal the wrong side of town we caught a bus to the IKEA bus depot as it is known, here a helpful Greek girl announced 'this is the bus'. Unfortunately I can't tell you the number or where I got off the bus, but it was a small town with the most lovely beach.

The town wasn't too touristy but there were restaurants on the beach and plenty of Greek sunbathers (who will pitch up in front of you and block your view/sit on your towel). The sea was gorgeously warm and lovely and clear- perfect for swimming and splashing. We were in the sea until 9, only getting out because we had no idea when the last bus was.

But its a very recommended adventure if you find yourself in Thessaloniki. And the day will only cost you a bus fair.

Related Travel Blogs About Best Of Thessaloniki

A wet day
Thiswas going to be a long day on the move with bus and train journeys planned.  As it transpired, it got longer as the day progressed. On paper, it was a simple enough trip from Ohrid in Maced…Thessaloniki in their best lights.  Later this afternoon will be getting the train to Athens and hopefully the sun will…

Check Thessaloniki Hotel Deals