Besenova thermal waters

Besenova thermal waters Reviews

jimworldwide jimworld…
Besenova Thermal waters Jan 05, 2011
Having a soak in naturally tepid prehistoric water.(I tasted a little of the mirky green stuff and it tastes like a dinosaur! - whatever that would be like!) My bones feel better already!!

I rode a romantic midnight train from Prague's train station and arrived in the early morning in places like BESENOVA, and STARY LUBOVNA and other small Slovak towns like that. Besenova is a thermal bath ( brown coloured water with an equally brown taste!) which is good for many ailments. It was more like a social centre ( mostly Poles) for people in East & central europe. I saw cars with licence plates from Latvia and Romania and Russia as well as Czech and Polish and Slovak. The waters were really relaxing ( two big pools - one cool and the other was comfortably hot)- I felt great leaving at the end of the day- especially after having a VERY CHEAP local beer being sold at the pub at the edge of the pool! food was sold there too but I didnt want to have any. My friend and I maximised our budget by staying in youth hostels ( again full of Polish skiiers) and eating at local food places! ( delicious and nostalgic food!) of course plenty of local beer!

The infrastructure still felt like it did during the Socialist years, and the staff at hotels ( again socialist looking decor and architecture) were a bit surly as if I were bothering their precious moments of putting on make-up on their faces.

The small villages and roadside shrines to Christ as well as the local churches were special and I remember them clearly. The mountains in the backround of the village town centre in most of the towns was breathtaking! I will certainly go for a soak in that part of Slovakia again!
having a good soak with local peop…
Slovakia Map