Berthillon

Berthillon - Storefront.

Berthillon Paris Reviews

ailema15 ailema15
The best ice-creams in the whole freakin world! Dec 25, 2009
This place is not exactly cheap, but it's definitely worth it.

I went there four years ago, and it stayed forever on my mind, making me crave for an sorbet for 3 years till I went back.

I don't know what's so special, if it's the scenery righ next to the Seine, or the ice cream itself.

Defintely try the Cassis sorbet! It's so good and you'll definitely be happy to pay 4 dollars for that small scoop!
HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
My 2 favorite things Sep 07, 2009
Berthillon is one of those things in Paris that combines my 2 very favorite kinds of treats: Ice cream and Chocolate. OK, so they do other flavors as well, or so I'm told.

Berthillon is sold in several cafes, and at least one that I had eaten in on Ile St. Louis. But I got my single-scoop cone of chocolate from a little counter just down whatever main street runs through Ile St. Louis.

It seemed like there was some debate whether Berthillon ice cream or Amorino gelato is superior. Frankly I don't care, I'll have one of each and love each. But this chocolate ice cream is very much worth a trip ti Ile St. Louis.
Eric Eric
Jun 18, 2005
Supposedly some of the best ice cream in Paris. I've been here twice, and both times it was pretty good, I didn't think it was the most remarkable ice cream I've ever had. It tastes a bit too "icy" and I prefer the creamier, stickier texture of gelato. I've heard that crowds line up here pretty regularly, but every time I've been here it's been relatively empty. The portions are also quite small for what you pay for. While it's certainly not bad, I have a hard time believing that this is the best ice cream in Paris. Is it all tourist hype?
Storefront.
Enjoying our ice cream.
mariemak mariemak
Jun 14, 2003
Berthillon is the French equivalent of Ben & Jerry's, in that they focus on high-quality ingredients, natural flavors and no chemicals. Where Ben & Jerry perfectly capture the American essence of the fabulousness of excess, Berthillon possesses the classic simplicity and sophistication that are traditionally French.

My favorite - passion fruit sorbet.

If you come to Paris in the summer, the main Berthillon store is likely to be closed because it is vacation season, but the ice creams are available at many other shops which are marked with the Berthillon logo, so keep an eye out – it is worth the effort.
Adrian_Liston says:
I had passion fruit sorbet here when I visited Paris!
Posted on: Sep 08, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Berthillon

Versailles and Ladurée
This day, we went to beautiful Versailles!!  There was rain in the forecast for the next few days so we decided this was our only chance to see Versailles in good weather!!  We had been so …Paris, went to the Notre Dame, and got ice cream at Amorino and Berthillon.  Yum!!  Michelle LOVES the movie…
Paris, Day 3 and meeting a fellow TravBuddy
Day 3 in Paris again started somewhat early. I was going to be meeting up with a fellow TravBuddy at 11 on Ile St. Louis right across the bridge from Notre Dame but I wanted to check into my hotel b…Paris would come to an end without my sampling some ice cream from Berthillon. But as I’d just had gelato…
Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, & the Louvre
We started late today because of our early start the day before. We needed to get some laundry done so our first spot was the Laundromat. While we were doing laundry we took a short walk to an outd…Berthillon. We then crossed the street to see a typical medieval street in Paris. We had lunch at a restaurant…

Check Paris Hotel Deals