Berlian Inn

Check Kuta Hotel Deals

Berlian Inn Kuta Reviews

megmontauk megmonta…
Run from these scammers Mar 16, 2010
Run from this dishonest rude staff.

I do not like writing bad reviews, but after being in Bali for 6 weeks now, I know BERLIAN INN is NOT what Bali is about.

After a year of planning and a 2 day flight from New York, I was so excited to arrive in Bali. I had read about Berlian Inn from Lonely Planet and was set to stay there. First impression, the woman at the front desk was not friendly, but not mean. Since the price was DOUBLE what my guidebook listed, I walked around to compare. It was getting late, so I opted to stay at Berlian Inn. (one night with fan and cold water $10 USD)

Like all Balinese, the woman asked me the typical questions-"where are you from, is this your first time in Bali?"--Little did I know she used that to SCAM SCAM SCAM me.

I was feeling uneasy to walk around the narrow dark gangs so I bought bottled water from the woman at the front desk. She charged me Rp 35,000 (AMERICAN $3.50)!!!!!!!! I was EXTRA careful counting my money, since it was day 1 in Indonesia, and thought "the water here is so expensive, I don't think I can afford to be in Bali for 2 months!!!" This woman did this not once, but twice in the time I was there. The room was dirty and FILLED with mosquitos. Since the ceilings were so high, I could not hang my mosquito net or feel the fan. I spent most of the night swatting bugs and sweating. The next day I had to get out of crowded Kuta and asked how much a car to Padang Padang would cost, her answer ---> 200,000Rp ($20.00 USD) wow, she was such a witch when I found another driver, that she yelled at him and me while I was getting in the car. (his cost $12 USD)

I will NEVER go back, and I hope this review will help another person to AVOID THIS HORRIBLE HOTEL. (ps--padang padang inn is awesome, if you stay in the bamboo house)
pPamela says:
Hi,
I stayed at Berlian Inn in Oct/Nov 2008 for 3 days and found them to be very nice people. Actually I was staying next door for a few days before I flew to Java and always went next door to Berlian to get a coffee early and formed a lovely relationship with the people at Berlian. Even walked their dog when I stayed there.
Pamela
Posted on: Aug 29, 2010
aquaholicme2 aquaholi…
Budget place near the beach, huts type rooms within a garden setting. Dec 09, 2009
At the same price range, would recommend this budget place. But do not expect much hospitality from the reception staff, unless you buy some souvenirs from them.

But the place is in a nice garden setting with around 20-25 rooms. All the rooms are hut styled with attached bathroom and have a sitting area in front with chairs and tables. They have fan rooms with cold shower and AC rooms with hot shower, TV. But the highlight of this place is the open-air bathroom, not the typical enclosed airless type.

The room cost upwards of Rp 70K for single with cold water and the more for AC and hot water. Rooms are spacious and come with dressing table, mirror and cupboards, night table and reading lamps. I had read that they have ikat bedspreads, made from threads that have been individually dyed to form a pattern once they are woven together. But i did not feel much difference sleeping on them.

The rooms rent come with breakfast, which you can skip as you get 2 thin slices of bread toast and a cup of coffee/tea. The staff looks bored and depressed, but they will ask you to buy some souvenirs which they claim they hand made themselves.

Location wise its very good as the beach is 5 min walk on on side and on the other side you get to the center of the tourist place in 5-10 min. All the facilities are very close by, daily needs store, restaurants, food courts, ATM, tour operations, pubs and bars, crafts and souvenirs shops.

Overall a good budget place to stay and don't get bothered by the unfriendly staff.

Check Kuta Hotel Deals