Berjaya Tioman Resort

Pahang, Malaysia
Berjaya Tioman Resort - Genting provides a long list of rides for the brave and also for not so brave. It is great fun.
Berjaya Tioman Resort - The 11 minute  cable car journey is fascinating stetching across 3.4 kms and is the fastest cable car.
Berjaya Tioman Resort - flying dragon
Berjaya Tioman Resort - clown show
Berjaya Tioman Resort - swingin inside the clouds!
Berjaya Tioman Resort - magic!
Berjaya Tioman Resort - colors of genting

Berjaya Tioman Resort Pahang Reviews

zoetigger zoetigger
one and only legal casino in Malaysia Apr 23, 2011
Malaysia's one and only casino. If you like jackpot machines go to first world hotel's casino. It has nicer renovation too.

For table games go to genting and highland hotel casino.

The room in first world hotel is very very very small. If you are on budget then just take it. If you are travelling with family, I advise you to take resort hotel.

Shopping- Not many stores there.Boring

Themepark- No new game facilities since 10 years ago.Boring

Only thing you can do in Genting Highlands. Gamble/enjoy the cold air there. Thats all.
the_world_is_mine18 the_worl…
Not bad at all! May 16, 2011
I was surprised to see a place like this in Malaysia. I didn't expect it. Nice cool mountaintop resort with a theme park, although I must say the rides are old.

There's also a casino so gamblers will definitely enjoy going here. Worth the long drive from KL.
ngg28 ngg28
Genting Highlands Pahang Malaysia Jun 20, 2009
if you are on a visit to KL for 3 days or more, then you must visit the Genting highlands which is one hour drive from KL. You have everything for young to the old from rides, shows, theme parks, casinos etc . It is something you will never regret visiting. Ideally a stay in Genting is recommended but like we did, you can go by the first bus in the morning at 8 30 am and take the last bus at 8 30 pm from KL Sentral or any place suggested. There is a counter at KLIA and please take information from here. A taxi will cost you 80-100 RMs one way. Bus is cheap and comfortable and you can get a discount on rides if you take some offers. We spent 42 MRs for the bus rides and including entry into theme parks and rides per person.

It was fun. You got to be a child or get into your child hood shoes. Some of the rides were breath taking.

There are hotels you can stay which I recommend , but since we did nt get accomodation we did KL to n fro. Th cable car ride spanning 11 minutes and 3.4 km is the longest cable car journey . it takes you thru scenic rain forests.
The 11 minute cable car journey i…
Genting provides a long list of ri…
jov jov
Hotel and Theme Park in one Nov 01, 2009
I love the cable car ride going to this resort plus the adrenaline rush you get from the theme park. It is a must-see when you visit Kuala Lumpur.
jaeWALK jaeWALK
Above the clouds in Genting Nov 20, 2007
The day trip to Genting was amazing! At first I was a bit reluctant to go, but since I was with my mom and her friends, I had to give in to their demands. I do not regret that decision, even if the weather was quite wet during that day.

The journey began with a 45 minute ride from KL sentral station. On the way up, one can get a good view od KL's spectacular skyline. It's truly a wonderful sight. As we made our way up the mountains, it started getting even colder. And I love the cold weather!

Next mode of transport was the skyway cable car, i think it took a good 15 minutes or so to get to the resort. Again, it's one of the longest cable car rides i've had in my life (by the way on the way down, it stopped for a minute or two, and we were swaying with the wind... how cool is that... cool and scary).

We arrived at the resort quite early, so we had coffee first at Starbucks. What a way to start a cold day... cup of coffee in hand.

The ticket we got from KL Sentral was the one where you can choose between Lunch buffet or Entrance to the Outdoor theme park. Of course we chose the latter.

The theme park was quite good. It wasn't that spectacular, but it was good enough (Specially for the old people I was with... they were the ones who got to enjoy the rides, while I became their photographer). There was the First World indoor theme park where the family and children's rides are - kinda cheesy but i think the kids will enjoy it. There's also the SnowWorld, Genting Sky Venture, Expedition Wall rock climbing and Ripley's. All of which I have yet to experience.

The outdoor park on the other hand boasts of thrill rides like the Corkscrew, Space Shot, Super Toboggan and the Flying Coaster.

There are attractions that are included with the entrance while others such as the Flying coaster and the sky venture are on a pay-per-ride basis.

I spent much of the time taking shots of people enjoying themselves. After lunch, the weather got worse (or better, whichever you prefer), the clouds started coming in... and that's when i started to really enjoy it. Literally, I was inside a cloud! That was the day's highlight for me.

We also got to go around the whole complex, checking out the casinos and the other places to relax and unwind. Before catching the last bus back to KL we had another cup of coffee while the wind was really blowing with all it's might (OK i'm exaggerating on this... i was just having a hard time lighting my cigarette).

I used to hate the rain when I travel, but this one made me love every moment of it. I could only imagine how fun it could be to spend the night here. maybe someday...
clown show