Berjaya Tioman Beach Golf & Spa Resort

Average rate: $60 - Hotel class: 4 stars
Pulau Tioman P.O. Box 4 86807 Mersing Johor Tioman Island Malaysia, Tioman Island, Malaysia

Check Tioman Island Hotel Deals

Berjaya Tioman Beach Golf & Spa Resort Tioman Island Reviews

collettestravels collette…
Beautiful, peaceful luxury on the beach Jun 21, 2011
Been to Tioman once before and stayed at ABC, This time for our family holiday we decided to try somewhere else on Tioman. After doing about 15 minutes research each me and my sister decided we were gonna advise the family that we should go to Paya and it paid off. The parents didn't really mind so I took charge and found Paya Beach Resort. We booked and about 8 months later we were on our way.

We were flying into Tioman and I had a feeling deep in the pit of my stomach knowing that if we got into our resort and it wasn't upto scratch them I'd be getting it in the neck. As the speedboat pulled into the Jetty i knew we'd made (or should I say I) made the correct decision. We got into the resort and were greeted by smiling friendly staff that spoke impeccable english. We were shown to our rooms that were lovely and settled right in.

We ate at the onsite restaurant every night, sometimes sitting under the stars eating the BBQ and sitting next to the bar that was run by a character called Richard. Richard turned out to be the most loyal and kind barman EVER. Every morning we would see Richard, while we were consuming our buffet style breakfast, with his black coffee and bloodshot eyes and at dead on 11 you would hear the sound of an opening can and Richard would be on his first beer of the day. The first of many may I add. The food was good, very cheap and their was a pretty good selection to choose from.

Entertainment was not a strong point, there was a karaoke which was on once in our 12 days stay and a big screen playing movies in English and that was it. Lucky for us we were there to relax and do pretty much nothing so it didn't bother us.

The resort was on its own private beach, the sand was beautiful white and the sea blue and green... It was perfection. There is also a small pool which has sun loungers and is next to the shop but does smell as its near some of the back sewage drains, it its bearable.

All in all its a great place to stay to relax and catch some rays but if you get bored easily this is not the place for you!
Private Beach
Paya Beach Resort
Sunset on paradise
PeggyY PeggyY
White sandy beach at your door step! Apr 05, 2010
It was a trip planned last minute and we were lucky to find a place in Berjaya, a well known hotel chain in Malaysia (the others being in Langkawi, Redang, Bukit Tinggi).

This is my second stay in a Berjaya resort and though it wasn't as well maintained as Langkawi but it was good enough. The room is clean but the baths look quite rundown.

The resort is within walking distance (a couple of minutes) to the beach and voila! you are in heaven!! The water is very clear and I don't see debris lying around.. Moreover, Renggis Island (or we nicknamed it the Broccoli Island) is within a short speedboat ride away .. for a first time snorkeller like myself it was really a sight to behold! With fish swimming around you..

The resort is quite well equipped with decent restaurant, Rest Sri Nelayan with decent food.

Front desk service is excellent! There was confusion on what time we and many guests will be driven to Tekek Jetty but the staff handled the situation well with no frustation in sight and always with a smile.

Overall, it was a pleasant enough stay but too short... at the end of the 3rd day, all of us wished we have stayed for another day
beetles108 says:
So near yet so far ... have not been there yet :(
Anyway, thanks for sharing. :)
Posted on: Oct 25, 2010
PeggyY says:
The place is great!!! Should go! :)
Posted on: Oct 13, 2010
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing your hotel review on TravBuddy! Sounds like a great place.
Posted on: Sep 29, 2010
hayley_phoon hayley_p…
Berjaya Tioman Beach resort Oct 25, 2010
I chose Berjaya it's because it come with the flight and the accomodation. Berjaya it's a quite famous in asia, due to it's hospitality provided.

I spent 4days 3nights there, spending too long over there, it's not a good choice, haha it's because of there's not much entertainment. but it's a really good place for relaxing, with family or some romantic gateway! :D

As for the room, it's very comfy. I love the design of the chalet it's unique to me.
isnt it the pool is lovely
the spa in the resort

Berjaya Tioman Beach Golf & Spa Resort Overview

Extra bed is allowed in Executive Family Room and One Bedroom Suite. Extra bed charges vary, please arrange and pay direct with hotel.

Buffet breakfast - RM33nett per adult / RM16.50nett per child

Tioman, hailed as one of the most beautiful islands in the region is the perfect backdrop for Berjaya Tioman Resort.

Made famous by James Michener's mythical Bali Hai Hollywood classic 'South Pacific' film in 1958, Tioman has managed to evolve in its timeless beauty. Blessed with miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush green rainforest, Berjaya Tioman Resort is the ideal spot for launching into days of leisure and recreational pursuits.

The tropical paradise of Tioman Island is located off the East Coast of Peninsula Malaysia. The island's only international standard hotel, Berjaya Tioman Resort offers 268 chalets & elegant suites spread over 200 acres with its own 18 hole international championship golf course.

The resort has 8 excellent choices of dining outlets that serve tantalising cuisine that pleases your appetite. In addition to the many water sports activities available, you can enjoy donkey riding or take an unforgettable glass bottom boat ride to view the outlying reefs. Miles of sandy white beaches and its surrounding waters promise diving enthusiasts a wondrous oasis with coral and fish life found in the South China Sea.

At the charming picturesque Berjaya Tioman Resort on the blissful Tioman Island, indulge in a remarkable holiday with lasting pleasurable memories.

Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel.

Berjaya Tioman Beach Golf & Spa Resort Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower