Bereket Halk Döner

Istikal Avenue No. 20, Istanbul, Turkey

Bereket Halk Döner Istanbul Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
cafeteria style lokantasi (carvery) Feb 17, 2011
Looking for a quick meal one evening on Istikal Avenue we came across Bereket Halk Döner. Döner kebap is filets of meat stacked on a vertical spit that is rotated, or turned, in front of the heat source. In fact, Döner means "turning". The cooked meat is sliced off with a huge knife, and the uncooked portion exposed to the heat again. Because the meat is vertical, it is self-basting, accounts for its rich flavor. The thin slices of meat can be served lots of different ways. Anyway, we could see one through the window and decided to go in and have a taste.

The place is in the style of a cafeteria and you choose the dishes you want from what is on display here. It all looked appetizing, so we chose our dishes, payed (quite cheap) for what we ordered and were seated at a table within minutes. This is the kind of quick meal we were looking for. It was all good, and my friends and I all enjoyed the food here. It's not exactly the cleanest looking place, but there is a good variety of dishes here and no complaints on the taste of the food. Probably not the healthiest food as far as the meat dishes go, but there are vegetable dishes to choose from too.

Indeed, the döner kebap meat is very succulent and juicy. Something to definitely try while in Turkey - sort of a specialty here. There was a constant stream of people coming in and out while we were there and I had the impression it was a popular place for a quick bite to eat. There are apparently a number of these eateries with the same name in Istanbul, a chain of sorts I guess, or so I gathered from the website. Turkish fast food maybe! It's Definitely worth trying for a quick and tasty meal at cheap prices.
Restaurant front I
Restaurant front II
Some meat dishes
some vegetable dishes
hacicgn says:
I´ve been there too but never wrote a review about it. Great job !!!
Posted on: Jun 21, 2012
TB_Weet says:
Looks yummy! :o)
Posted on: Jun 21, 2012
X_Drive says:
I would like to try this one! :D
Posted on: Jun 18, 2012