Beramar Grill

Beramar Grill - In the Beramar Grill

Beramar Grill Praia Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Good grilled fish, friendly atmosphere Feb 11, 2018
This restaurant was recommended by Yulia from Barracuda Tours who had met us off the plane on arrival on Santiago. We came here twice during our stay. On the first occasion we enjoyed a bottle of wine from Fogo, Cha, which was a good accompaniment to my starter of tuna pastels (like empanadas) and Chris’s cheese and olives, also from Fogo. My main course choice of grouper was unavailable, as seemed often to be the case with our chosen menu items here, but the waitress suggested the wahoo as a substitute which was fine, if a little dry (despite the accompanying green salsa). Chris had the beef with egg and chips, which he enjoyed, and we both had refreshing fresh pineapple for dessert. All three courses, plus the wine, came to around 55€ - great value and a lovely evening.

On our second visit we shared the cheese and olives starter, as it had proved rather a generous portion. Chris then had the tuna steak while I tried the tuna belly, a new dish to me. I found it more moist than regular tuna steaks and very tasty. Both came with rice, potatoes and rather dull vegetables. For dessert I had the dolce de leite, which was good, and Chris enjoyed his chocolate mousse. We drank a couple of Super Bock beers each and paid around 50€.
In the Beramar Grill